2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Hello, my name is Tracy and I have a problem! I can't stop buying yarn. :laughroll You would think after last weeks numbers I'd stay far, far away from the yarn aisle, but nope. That would be too easy. I bought three skeins of Bernat Soft Boucle yarn for $.99 a piece. I almost bought more, but have never worked with it so I thought I'd better come home and look it up and ideas for it first.

So that's a -6 for me. I'm getting closer to finishing a skein off, maybe I can post a positive number soon. :think

Hi Tracy, my name is Beth, and I share your problem! I've been avoiding stores!

I made a long sweater out of the bernat soft boucle. I love the feel of it. I'm actually wearing out the sweater, and I made it during the Olympics last year.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finished that grocery bag, and several butterflies to use the last of the skeins. Used 3 altogether so it is +6 for me today.

Oh, do you have a digital camera? I'd love to see your butterflies and your bag!

got a skein down today on a hat set. Not crazy about the hat... :sigh They just seem to end up short. They look long until I turn and brim... is there a cure for that?

... or for crocheters who are brimmily challenged? :rofl

Hope to finish that other skein by the end of the charity weekend.

Can you make it a few rows longer before you do the turn and brim? Just a question. I have only made a couple of hats an they were good for the person I made them for!!

got a skein down today on a hat set. Not crazy about the hat... :sigh They just seem to end up short. They look long until I turn and brim... is there a cure for that?

... or for crocheters who are brimmily challenged? :rofl

Hope to finish that other skein by the end of the charity weekend.

Oh, do you have a digital camera? I'd love to see your butterflies and your bag!

Here are the pictures of my cassorole caddy's, grocery bag, and butterflies. I have been busy, because I had another heart attack and there is nothing more they can do. I cannot be very active without problems, so all I can do is :crocheting

post-25772-135897408237_thumb.jpg

post-25772-135897408241_thumb.jpg

post-25772-135897408244_thumb.jpg

post-25772-135897408246_thumb.jpg

I'm working on too many things: I'm trying to knit a scarf. I'm making a granny square afghan, an afghan wrap (bernat has the pattern -- it's like an afghan with sleeves!), a cosmetic bag for my dd, a sweater for my dd, and a spiral afghan.

Wow, that's a lot! :D And no small projects either, all of them must take some time.. :)

Here are the pictures of my cassorole caddy's, grocery bag, and butterflies. I have been busy, because I had another heart attack and there is nothing more they can do. I cannot be very active without problems, so all I can do is :crocheting

[ATTACH]1784[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1785[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1786[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1787[/ATTACH]

First of all I have to say how sorry I am for your heart attack. I can only imagen how scared you have been. I hope the crocheting helps you, I know crochet can do that. All my thoughts go to you. :)

Second: Love everything you have crocheted, the butterflies was beautiful. :)

Okay...I just gifted "33" skeins of yarn to a local charity this morning. I don't know what posessed me! It was very "spur of the moment", but it feels good! I wasn't using it and didn't have any specific plans for it. Now, someone else can get some good use out of it. :hook But, I also bought six skeins earlier this week, so that will make my score so far this week at +54.

Okay...I just gifted "33" skeins of yarn to a local charity this morning. I don't know what posessed me! It was very "spur of the moment", but it feels good! I wasn't using it and didn't have any specific plans for it. Now, someone else can get some good use out of it. :hook But, I also bought six skeins earlier this week, so that will make my score so far this week at +54.
:cheer:yay:clap:jumpyay:woo:angel:tup:applause

Needless to say, I think that's AWESOME!!!

Beautiful work! I :manyheart all of them!!! You have a lot of talent.

I'm sorry about to hear about your heart attack. I hope you are taking care of yourself! :hug

I finished a skein. I almost forgot what that feels like. I'm going to finish my daughter's cosmetic bag today (promises, promises.)

WTD +2, YTD -39

So TexasSugar, do you feel me breathing down your neck?:rofl

I finished a skein. I almost forgot what that feels like. I'm going to finish my daughter's cosmetic bag today (promises, promises.)

WTD +2, YTD -39

Good job. :) Slow and steady on your way to the big zero. Go basjordan and TexasSugar! :)

I finished yet two more skeins today!! That RR really eats yarn. :P I didn't buy enough yarn for it though, so I'll have to buy more. But for today I'm at +6. :)

I didn't mean to cry the blues, I meant to just explain why I had so much time now. I used to be the resident chairperson, and reporter for our monthly newsletter, taught crochet. I had to resign all that stuff, so I have lots of time now, and intend to :crocheting alot.

Thanks for all the well wishes, I do appreciate them!

Well I guess I got some good news today for may stashbusting score. I thought I really needed to buy a pounder of yellow yarn to make a request shawl (I donated 5 to a nursing home but a special lady asked if there might be a yellow one for her :lashes )

so i was going to run right out and buy one :yay but my stashdiving located two large portions of yellow so now I can't go buy that yarn. I will be very, very good tomorrow.

Just busted a skein of a boucle yarn so that helps my score. i need to get through more of it though. i was a bit disappointed that my bassinet did not eat up the pounders that I bought... well the next one might. With charity Event this weekend I should be able to bust at least one pounder... that would be good for YTD.

Time to play some Civ3 I think

I finished the cosmetic bag for my daughter. post-16396-135897408359_thumb.jpg This is the back pocket to hold her mirror.

post-16396-135897408363_thumb.jpg This is the main part, where she'll keep her cosmetics.

I went back to working on her sweater, and finished another skein. I'm +4 for WTD, -37 for YTD.

well. My 5 balls of crochet cotton came today. -10 for me, but, Not so bad as I was already in the + collum for this week. Better get crocheting and get some of this stash used up!!!!!!!

Oh yeah!! I'm making squares again today. I'm probably a third of a way into a skein. I'm trying to do as much today as I can since tomorrow I have to make a cupcake cake for my SIL and then go to a fish fry tomorrow night. I have another big cake for Monday, for my nephew's birthday, so that is going to cut in to crochet time.

I looked up patterns last night for the Soft Boucle. I haven't made any clothes yet, and only found a few for throws which I didn't care for. So I guess I'll try to find a pattern for something else and convert it. I did crochet up a little of it last night, and decided it would make a nice snuggley afghan or throw. :) Now I have to decide how many more skeins I want/need so I can do something with it.

I used up a skein of yarn last night. Maybe by the end of the week I will be back at at least 0 for my wtd after the thread I bought this week!!!!!!!LOL

That's fantastic!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Yes it is Beth!! I am working on a Seraphina shawl using some smaller skeins of yarn and a large hook!!!LOL Maybe I can get through a couple more this week!!!!!LOL

Yes it is Beth!! I am working on a Seraphina shawl using some smaller skeins of yarn and a large hook!!!LOL Maybe I can get through a couple more this week!!!!!LOL

Oh please do post pictures! I love that pattern. I'd like to make another one someday... do you think it would work out okay in sock yarn? I may hop over to :ebay and have an excuse to buy some! haha But not this week.

I finished my very first wearable - a bolero for MYSELF! I could only take pictures with my cellphone, so I'll make a thread on it in show-and-tell when I get the camera back. But can't wait to show it off, so here's some of the pictures I took today. :D

The pattern is the "Knot Ugly Shrug" from the happy hooker-book.

I'm at +8 now, pretty amazing. ;)

post-22182-135897408499_thumb.jpg

post-22182-135897408502_thumb.jpg

post-22182-135897408504_thumb.jpg

Archived