2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

congrats to everyone! Again this week has been filled with handquilting and reading so no crocheting/knitting. I just had to pick up that darned 'Twilight', read it right through and thoroughly addicted now***sigh***

i learned that i am better getting them on cd to listen to. this way i can still crochet...lol otherwise i would have been in real trouble with this series. i enjoyed it. :hook

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know Nadine I never have tried an audio, I just love books too much, I love to collect them! I could get more done though1

I had heard about the series a long while ago on Booktalks and tried to get it at my local library but they didn't have them and so I forgot about it. I am totally smitten with the book, it is just the amazing depth of the relationship.

Good job everyone...:clap

I am happy to have been crocheting so much more lately. I haven't completed anything all the way but I have been using up yarn finally!

I just found this thread. I would like to jump in, but not sure I understand the posting "rules"

Do I update my score by midnight every Saturday?

If I am jumping in now (a Sunday) does that mean I keep up with my score during the week and post my score on April 11th?

Can I edit the score in my signature at any time?

Am I making this too hard? lol

Great job everyone! Off to a good start this month.

And I was at a Zero, instead of a negative number!:yay

:manyheart

I just found this thread. I would like to jump in, but not sure I understand the posting "rules"

Do I update my score by midnight every Saturday?

If I am jumping in now (a Sunday) does that mean I keep up with my score during the week and post my score on April 11th?

Can I edit the score in my signature at any time?

Am I making this too hard? lol

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes :yes:yes:yes:yes:yes:yes

welcome to our stashbusting crochet along !!!:hug:manyheart:devil

lol! I'm looking forward to this. I like competition (even if it's just with myself), and I hope this will keep me from buying too much yarn.

Good think I did my yarn shopping yesterday...BEFORE I found this thread. :lol

lol! I'm looking forward to this. I like competition (even if it's just with myself), and I hope this will keep me from buying too much yarn.

Good think I did my yarn shopping yesterday...BEFORE I found this thread. :lol

How True! Now you have some good stash to work magic with. I'm glad you joined.

Hey I was able to finish a couple of my skeins, and with DH's doc appointment in the morning, I know I will have even more done. Boy this cut away cardi sure does work up fast. Congradualtion Ihapsaapsolady, and Karzy-Kitty on being this week's metalist.

Great work Ladies!

I started a baby layette set today and it's using small 50 gram skeins so I should get lots of scoring done this week.

Except for the fact that Easter is coming and I have a lot of prep for that.:P Just when I thought I would really score big, something happens.

And I need to make two meals for a family.

And get out the library schedules for the church.

The list keeps growing. Yikes.

oh. you know. I should have been +6 instead of -6!!!!!!!LOL Iput the wrong thing in front of my 6!!!!!!!!LOL

You were right. I had the number totally wrong. I changed it. I apologize. :hug

Woot! woot!

DH is travelling for the next 3 days... lots of :crocheting time for me! :devil:devil

... hmmm...:think if I could only figure out what stash to bust! :rofl

Everyone is doing a great job!

Finished a skein on my granny square blanket today. +2 I keep forgetting to charge my camera battery so no pics of the green jacket yet but I'm working on it.

Ok, I've got *another* question.

I received two skeins of yarn in the mail today. I ordered them BEFORE I joined the CAL. Do they count toward my weekly total?

(I have an awful feeling they do, which means a negative number for me :( )

yeah it would count toward your weekly score. Speaking of scores I busted through 3skeins of cotton yarn so +6 for me

Some of my yarn comes in 2 pound skeins. Talk about taking a long time to finish that skein...... lol

hey, :welcome, Mary!

If you don't have plans yet for those 2 pounders, you should check out the Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL in this forum... Crochetville member RoseRed was nice enuf to share the pattern with us... and from experience, I can tell you that you can bust some big stash quick AND it's really FUN!!! :hook:devil

Whatever you decide to do... Welcome.... we are glad you're here!:yay

Archived