bookmarks

DesertCrocheter

These are my first thread projects--bookmarks for the book mark swap. They're not perfect, but I am very pleased with how they came out given that my first attempted one was a disaster. (Nope, I didn't take a photo of that one! :lol ). http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/DesertCrocheter/Bookmarks/IM002488.jpg

This thread work is a lot of fun! I'm going to be making more bookmarks for Christmas for my friends, most of whom are avid readers and will really appreciate them.

Patty

Those are awesome!:clap I love pineapples, and have never seen a pineapple bookmark like yours. May I ask where you got the pattern? I also like the red one with hearts on it. That is really cute!

Excellent work! You make me want to do some bookmarks again. Those are good for the summer, when you don't want to be buried under an afghan project.

Sandra

Great work!!! Love them all but especially the deep red one on the right end! It's gorgeous! And the purple one (3rd from right) is awesome as well! Love it!

Ya'll are so sweet! Sandra, I wanted to learn to make a pineapple, so I made one for practice. Then I made a second but my tension was different so it turned out smaller. I laid it next to the first one and thought, hey! Connect those two and make a bookmark. So it's my first pattern, I guess! Patty

Melannie, there really wasn't a pattern for the pineapple bookmark. I wanted to make a pineapple and the first one came out pretty good. I made another one and either my tension was off or my stitch size was off or something, but it came out smaller. So I just decided to stitch them together--did a line of chains, slip stitched it to one pineapple, then either slip stitched or sc'd back to the other pineapple and slip stitched it close. I just used a pineapple pattern I found online for the two ends.

Actually, I really need to practice more pineapples! They were fun, and not nearly as hard as I thought they'd be. Everyone's compliments are so nice, thank you! :hug Patty

Archived