Striped Handbag

Jain

I made a purse for myself recently using some skull and flames fabric for the lining and trying out those bamboo handles for the first time. I think I like them. I used old stash yarn in grey and black. Just made the pattern up as I went along. I'm also making another one right now in brown and green for my aunt for Christmas. Blogged here. Thanks for looking!

(pics are clickable)

3029700265_7bba847872_m.jpg

3024513524_58a9ecae64_m.jpg

3029700281_b276fcb976_m.jpg

Edit: I never got around to writing out the pattern but I can tell you what I did. I chained about 35 or 40, however wide you want the base of the bag to be. Then I did about 10 or 12 rows of half double crochet. This will give you a rectangle that will be the flat bottom of the bag. Then I did one row of half double crochet all the way around the rectangle, putting three stitches in each corner. Then I just continued around and around to make the sides. If you're doing a solid color you can just do it in the round. If you're making stripes you can join each round. Attach the handles and throw in a lining and you're done!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks! I never got around to writing out the pattern but I can tell you what I did. I chained about 35 or 40, however wide you want the base of the bag to be. Then I did about 10 or 12 rows of half double crochet. This will give you a rectangle that will be the flat bottom of the bag. Then I did one row of half double crochet all the way around the rectangle, putting three stitches in each corner. Then I just continued around and around to make the sides. If you're doing a solid color you can just do it in the round. If you're making stripes you can join each round. Attach the handles and throw in a lining and you're done!

Jain your bag is really cool :cheerand I for one would love the pattern. I have some black and red material and yarn which would make a brill bag! Off to check out your blog now.

• 1 month later...

Archived