Pattern for mini christmas stockings for troops

craftylady1956

My son is currently deployed..i came up with a mini stocking pattern . I have made 20 for him to hand out to his buddies at chrsitmas. I plan on filling them with mini candy canes with a tag attched to wish them a happy homecoming..i also thought of filling them with a few chocolate candy hugs & kisses but was afraid they;d melt...hope you like the pattern. Can be used for a ornament or package tag etc...

Mini chrismas stockings

with worseted weight yarn & f hook ( i used varigated red, white & green yarn)

starting at top- working in rounds without joining at each end.

Ch 16

round 1- sc in 2nd and each remaining ch

rounds-2-10 sc in ea sc . At end of this round ch 10. Join to next st and sc all around in ea st & ch. (26 sc). This will be foot part.

Contiune sc each round for 6 rounds. End off. Weave in ends. Sl st or sew top area of foot closed.

For hanger- at top of stocking join yarn on upper right side (with toe part facing left) ch 12 join to next st. End off. Weave in ends.

I can't wait to try this! Great idea, and I'm sure the troops will appreciate them greatly! My nephew just returned, but I know many more men and women that are still over there...

I ALSO AM MAKING MY MARINE SON A REGULAR SIZE STOCKING...UISING CAMO YARN . I PLAN ON USING SC TO PRINT HIS LAST NAME ON TOP IN BLACK(WHERE YOU WOULD PUT A FIRST NAME) WHICH WILL KEEP WITH THE MILITARY THEME, I ALSO WILL PUT ON THE STOCKING 2008 AND THE CITIES HE HAS PORTED AT SO FAR--I WILL ALLOW ROOM FOR OTHER PORTS AND SEW THEM ON WHEN HE'S BACK HOME IN MARCH. I WILL PUT THE UNIT NUMBER ON TOO. I AM SURE IT WILL BE A KEEPSAKE FOR HIM.

I ALSO HAVE A SON IN THE NAVY STATIONED NOW IN JAPAN.WHEN BOTH SONS GRADUATED FROM BOOT CAMP--I MADE THEM EACH A FLAG AFGHAN WITH A YELLOW RIBBON THRU ITOUT OF GRANNY SQUARES...BOTH BOYS HAVE VERY LITTLE ON THEIR SHIPS AS THEY ARE DEPLOYED --BUT EACH HAS THEIR "BLANKIES" ON THEIR BUNKS AND BOTH HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE WORLD.....THEY HAVE BOTH TOLD ME GOD FORBID ANYONE TOUCHES EITHER BLANKIE--I WOULDN'T WANT TO BE THAT PERSON .....:manyheart

I have completed and stuffed all 20 mini stockings. I bought mini candy canes and put all filled stockings in a Christmas little cloth bag I found at dollar store....I figure my son will enjoy handing them out to his ship mates. I also used camo yarn and made him a full size stocking--(patterns I just had in my head for all) After his was done, I used tan colored felt and cut our small patches with pinking shears.--Using a marker I then marked each patch with the ports he has been to so far and sewed them onto the stocking.. (he's a Marine but deployed on a ship now). I also have a patch with the year & his unit number....pretty neat ....and I believe a life long keepsake for him too. Thanks to all for your support.....for ALL our troops...I have another son in the Navy as well

Archived