Caron SS Eco

Wal Mart has this out on the shelves now and naturally I bought some this morning. According to the label if you make 1 scarf you have keept 1 plastic bottle out of the land fills. Now that is great but the quality of this yarn in my opinion is not that great. I have made a hat already and it splits horribly (worse than regular SS) and it feels funny. Its contents are 20% nature spun and 80% acrylic. So I was wondering what every one else thought of this "new" CSS??

I bought some last week. I like'd it for the most part. There were a lot of fuzzies on it and I wonder if it will pill, but for now I am giving it a shot. I made a knitted baby had, and have started a sweater. It is knitting great, but I haven't really crocheted much with it, just a quick pair of booties.

That is what I decided on for the Pittsburgh Steelers afghan I was asked to make because the yellow was the right shade. There are little white balls of fuzz on the yellow that I have to pick off when I come to them. The white SPLITS something awful. It is driving me nuts. If I get this done without some kind of meltdown it will be a miracle. Then I'm not sure how it will hold up to a grown man using it. I guess I'll find out. I'm not impressed at all.

Marcia

I saw it but haven't bought it yet. I'm ticked that it's all 5 oz. instead of 6 oz. for the same price. :angry

RH did the same thing a while back. Went down from 8oz to 7oz. And the multi colors are 5 or 6 oz, can't remember. I was upset because I based my purchase on the 8oz for something and didn't know they had went down until I went to a small craft store and they had a sign up (I was grateful that they did that).

Debbi

I've seen it, but didn't want to buy it because it all had some sort of white fuzzies look to it on the skein.

I also saw that yarn at my wal-mart. I picked up a skein to check it out and there were all these white "fuzzies"(looked like lint), so I tried to pull the fuzzies off, would not come off. So I checked the other skeins and sure enough they also were full of "fuzz". But, there were also some other color skeins of the yarn that did not have the fuzzies. I'm still on the "fence" on using this yarn!! :hook

I think in another thread here someone said the white fuzzies were part of the recycled plastic that is used in it. Not sure why or how, but it makes a bit of sense. Also, the oz probably went down just because it's a new eco-friendlier product. It costs more for the company to make it probably.

Archived