Chihuahua Sweater

Lubba_my_kiddos

Up here in Alberta (Canada) it get pretty chilly in late Autumn to Spring so I make my boys sweaters. This is a sweater that was a special order. The furbaby Momma wanted a pink sweater with a hood, harness hole and no sleeves. This is what I came up with. Harley had to model and he gets a little perterbed at modeling girl stuff. Looks happy doesn't he? :lol

http://Sept08-3017.jpg

super cute! that reminds me, i have to make my chi a sweater too :s

my sweaters don't come out that snug though, and the hood is just adorable, could you make a tutorial for this?

I love it! The hood is sooo cute! I have 2 chis and the little girl has the same expression on her face as Harley does when I put clothes on her. She's a nudist at heart lol! Do you have a pattern to share?

This is adorable. My daughter has two chihuahua's and has been begging for a coat for them, but we haven't found a pattern she likes yet. I would LOVE the pattern if you have it to share!

This is a sweater that I just kind of wing as I go. Most of the orders I get are for dogs of different sizes so I measure as I work. I'm making a 2nd sweater for the same dog right now (no hood though thank goodness) so I'll try to write it down. And thanks for all the compliments!

Harley just seems unhappy with pink items but is super happy in his own sweaters. My other chihuahua Mickey (the big boy is a whopping 12 pnds!) does the cat stiff leg thing and falls over. Too funny!

How much does Harley weigh? My sister has 2 chihuahuas who weigh 4.1 and 4.8 and they won't get any bigger according to the vet. She wants coats for them for the winter and I can't find any patterns small enough for them. Do you have a pattern that would fit chis that small? Thanks, Barbara

This is a sweater that I just kind of wing as I go. Most of the orders I get are for dogs of different sizes so I measure as I work. I'm making a 2nd sweater for the same dog right now (no hood though thank goodness) so I'll try to write it down. And thanks for all the compliments!

Harley just seems unhappy with pink items but is super happy in his own sweaters. My other chihuahua Mickey (the big boy is a whopping 12 pnds!) does the cat stiff leg thing and falls over. Too funny!

ohhh. does the sweater open somewhere? it seems kinda snug, and i like that heh, all the ones i make end up being way too loose.

any special stitch or technique?

How much does Harley weigh? My sister has 2 chihuahuas who weigh 4.1 and 4.8 and they won't get any bigger according to the vet. She wants coats for them for the winter and I can't find any patterns small enough for them. Do you have a pattern that would fit chis that small? Thanks, Barbara

i know how that is! i have a 2 lb chihuahua (3 years old, that won't get any bigger) and i can't get any patterns small enough for her. the ones for puppies are too small and the ones for small dogs a bit too big.

ohhh. does the sweater open somewhere? it seems kinda snug, and i like that heh, all the ones i make end up being way too loose.

any special stitch or technique?

The sweater was kind of snug on Harley but the girl it is for is a little bit smaller and I always used Bernat Satin because it relaxes a bit after washing. As for the stitches, I usually do hdc because sc is way too tight and dc at too long and stretch ALOT. Hdc always seem to keep the shape and fit better and it has a good amount of warmth.

i know how that is! i have a 2 lb chihuahua (3 years old, that won't get any bigger) and i can't get any patterns small enough for her. the ones for puppies are too small and the ones for small dogs a bit too big.

This is the exact reason why my MIL and I started making chi sweaters. Before building them ourselves we'd buy Teddy Bear sweaters from Michaels (I still buy them for the seasonal sweaters) but they were too loose in the front for Noel (2lb chi). So we figured out patterns for ourselves. Been doing it for 5 years now.

Harley is 5lbs I think. I am going to write up one of my patterns and hopefully I can post it for everyone with tiny Chi's. There seems to be alot of us.

I don't have a small Chi, but I have a small yorkie! I would love the pattern as well. I made Daisie Mae, my toy fox terrier a coat last year. But I like the idea of a hood. So will be waiting patiently:)

Becky, IA

Archived