Yarn skeins with huge knots in the middle!

I just HAVE to vent my frustration with yarn skeins that have huge knots in the middle of the skein. Today I was merrily crocheting along, working on a baby sweater pattern. When all of a sudden my skein of yarn spits out this HUGE knot! I was so frustrated, I had to untangle as I went for a good hour because I didn't want to have a join on this particular piece.:(

I was so frustrated! The yarn was Bernat baby coordinates, and I love the softness of this yarn for baby things, but the tangles make me want to pull my hair out, lol.

I hear your frustration. I know I get really upset when the knotting continues through out :angry

Best of luck .....:hugsounds like you're back in business :crocheting

I had a skein of Bernat Berella 4 that the ends were all tangled up inside. After better then an hour I had it all rolled up. What made me so angry was I sent an email to Bernat and got no response. Tlak about lack of customer service.

It's very frustrating to run into knots as you are working. I have spent many hours trying to untie these knots, and it can be really irratating.

I would send an email to the company and let them know about the problem.

:manyheart

Are people talking about tangled up yarn or about knots where the yarn has been joined? I've never had tangles except right near the end of the ball when it twists on itself. But knots where the ball is made of more than one piece of yarn, those are really irksome. Especially when it is about 2 rows away from me finishing the project!

I heard there are rules about how many joins are allowed in a skein, but I don't think there's any rules about how long each piece has to be. Like if a skein is 3 foot short of it's required length they can add a 3 foot piece of yarn.

I hate the knots, too, but get even more annoyed when I run into small areas of damaged yarn in the middle of the skein, where it is suddenly thin or frayed. I want more quality control.

You can get the skeins replaced if you're willing to go to the trouble of contacting Customer Service and going thru whatever the required process is.

Some companies are very generous, others not.

We do buy a skein as one long piece of yarn. It's dishonest of the company to sell a skein that is knotted together.

I had a caron one pound spit out half of itself only 4 yards into the skein. I was so determined i wasn't going to cut (it was varigated, it just wouldn't look right cut) so i spent 2 days untangling and finally ended up cutting and then winding it. I should have just frogged my work and taken it back to the store.

I hate those little knots. I don't know if its safe to crochet over them (obiously it won't look pretty anyway), I always weave in ends so it worries me to let a knot be in there. I have to cut, join, and then weave in 2 extra ends.

Archived