Am I the only one that doesn't like tie on baby booties?

Most of the patterns for booties are tie on. I know it's silly but I just don't like those. I just imagine how uncomfortable having a tie around my ankle would be and I can't imagine putting it on my baby.

It doesn't matter much though, since I am baby bootie pattern challenged, lol.

But I was feeling like an oddball this morning and wondered if anyone else feels this way?

In theory I see what you mean. But I had a pair of white ones when my dd was tiny (as in she wore them home from the hospital) and they really weren't too bad. I didn't tie them tight as I didn't want them to be uncomfortable but they stayed on really well, which was nice. So I've changed my mind on them.

I've never done booties either, but a friend does. She doesn't like the ties, so she puts a soft elastic in the top, just enough to keep it from sliding off. If people are worried about it, she just snips it out. She's never had any problems with it being too tight though.

Ellie 13

Booties give me a pain in the neck. I just can't seem to make the bottoms right, so then the whole thing ends up getting frogged because I don't like how it's going.

I do like the idea of the elastic in the booties. Would help keep them on.

:manyheart

I don't mind the ties - they help the booties to stay on.. :)

Check out this Mary Maxim free crochet pattern. It also comes with a knitted version too. I started a pair earlier today and so far so good.

http://www.marymaxim.com/wcsstore/MaryMaxim/images/freepatterns/4447p.pdf

Thanks for the link - I've been looking for a similar crochet bootie pattern for quite some time now. :yes

Cheryl.

Did you try them yet? Mine ended up a little bigger than I thought they should and for some reason the soles are a little "lumpy." Maybe I should have checked my gauge lol!

I have only found two patterns that come out exactly as they should everytime.

Granny's Love Baby Booties I rarely add the ties because I go down a hook size when I do the ribbed cuff and so far the ribbing works great at keeping the bootie in place.

http://members.tripod.com/~kpup/html/baby_booties.html

and

Bev's Stay On Knit Bootie

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bevs-stay-on-booties.html

which is really more of a sock but it truly stays on. This is by far my favorite because it is so consistant and a great project to refresh my knitting basics.:)

I have made all sorts of booties but I am never sure about the tie part, so this interests me to see what others say.

I agree with the person who uses the Granny's Love style - they really do come up nicely, it's a cute pattern and practical too.

Archived