Michaels and Coupons

boksie

I was at Michaels today and the manager told me that there is a new policy that coupons can not be used to purchase books any longer. I guess I won't be buying too many in the future.

I found out the hard way. I always purchase my books and magazines and was told at the cashier that they no longer take the coupons for books and magazines. I told her to take the book off my receipt and I would go use the coupon at another store.

I bought their magazine in the store just to get the coupon. That coupon did not have books exclueded so they let me use it this time, just from now on all coupons will have books excluded printed on them.

I found out just like Kathy did and told them the same thing,take the book off. Right now AC Moore doesn't say excludes magazines and books on their but Michaels has been eliminating a lot of stuff they use to do. I was wondering if they were just trying to cut back. They stopped all the classes they use to have and the yarn department got smaller and I actually asked them if they were going out of business or something. She said not that she was aware of.

I have noticed that I can't use Borders coupons for magazines, either, but Barnes and Noble will take them. It is always odd to see what they exclude. I will remember not to buy magazines at Michels anymore.

I used to be able to purchase books at Michaels with a coupon also until I read on another board that they were no longer accepting coupons for books. I just picked up a flyer at my moms house (I don't get them where I live) and in teeny-weeny print that you can barely read, it does say now that it is not good on books, as well as a few other items. What gets me is the big print says good for one regular price item. Who really reads the teeny-weeny print anyway??

LI Roe

I'm mad at Michael's right now and this news doesn't help. I used to use my coupons to buy pattern books mostly. I also used to buy doll and animal eyes there (the kind with a post and washer to attach them). All I could find there last time were wiggle eyes. Don't like wiggle eyes, won't use them. I honestly don't see any reason for me to shop there now.

I'm mad at Michael's right now and this news doesn't help. I used to use my coupons to buy pattern books mostly. I also used to buy doll and animal eyes there (the kind with a post and washer to attach them). All I could find there last time were wiggle eyes. Don't like wiggle eyes, won't use them. I honestly don't see any reason for me to shop there now.

I also hate wiggle eyes. I go to my local fabric store and a nearby hobby store where I can get all kinds of different eyes. I've gotten cat eyes in blue and green, and brown eyes and teddy bear eyes. I would also use my Michael's coupons to buy books or patterns but now I just won't shop there too much. I guess I'll just use my coupon to buy pure vanilla extract and wool, when I need it and it's not on sale. Such a shame as they don't realise they are going to lose customers. Cathy

Archived