Ben Franklin Crafts has a website (original intended link added)!

The_Virginia_Hooker

Ben Franklin went out of business in San Antonio many years ago, and I still miss that neat store. Liked it much better than Hobby Lobby and Michael's. And Joann's doesn't even come close. At first glance, I don't much care for the way their web site is set up, but I'll give it a closer look. Thanks for the link.

I have one about 1/2 mile down the street from the house, and i love it. Good variety, friendly, helpful, KNOWLEDGEABLE (they know what crochet is :D ) staff that know where things are in the store, and if they don't have it, they'll try to order it, and if they can't, they even know what other stores to try. Most places can't or won't do that.

Ours closed too about 10 years ago after about ....30 to 40 years in business (perhaps more). You could always find an employee there who was an avid knitter, crocheter or seamstress. Yup, I miss that store too.

We had one nearby where we use to vaca in the summer but it went out as well - it was great if I forgot something and it had all kinds of "extras" - I will bookmark this sight for sure ;)

With all of us who have lost our Ben Franklin and still miss is deperately, I'm now wondering why so many of them failed.

Probably the 'small town store' thing. You know, when a big store moves into town, the small ones are sometimes forgotten.:(

Archived