Haekelbeutel Bag Variation

Cocoa Cream

Strangly, I thought I already posted here, but I guess I must have forgotten to click "submit new thread" when I was finished! Oh well, if you are not already tired of seeing these bags, here's my version of the Haekelbeutel for the CAL:

th_IMG_2839.jpg

th_IMG_2584.jpg

I made 16 blocks, using the Spinner pattern from Jan Eaton's 200 Crochet Blocks book, rather than the plain squares called for in Inga's pattern. I really am happy with the way it turned out, but now I'm wondering why I made this bag...I already have so many! :lol Oh well, I probably will carry WIPs in it for now. I'd like to line it eventually, but I don't have any matching material in the house right now.

I love it, and I don't think I ever get tired of looking at anything! I love how this bag looks so different with the way everyone changes colors and squares. I made one too and I don't have the know how to line it, but I use mine off and on as a purse and I haven't lost anything out of it and I get lots of compliments on it too. People want to know where I got the cool bag and then they look amazed when I tell them I made it. Besides, you can't ever have too many bags, right?:cheer

Very pretty! :) I really like the square you chose! The colors are very pretty together. I never get tired of looking at all the different variations of yarns, colors and squares that we all choose!

Archived