How Long Does It Take To...

Finish an afghan? I take foreverrr to finish one (which is why I avoid starting one), and I'm curious about how long it takes for any of you to finish your afghans. I see soooo many pretty ones on Crochetville, and often, many people have made more than one afghan in a short amount of time. I don't make them very often because once I start one, I am too impatient to finish it. So how long do you take to finish your afghans?

Some of the folks here in Crochetville churn out afghans at an amazing rate! Although I LOVE afghans, I'm like you in that I avoid starting them because I end up never finishing them. I get bored with them and end up putting them aside to start smaller projects, and then I never go back to them and they sit as UFOs forever!

I think I worked out that for a 'regular' sized afghan it takes me between 30-35 hours! :eek I'm talking fairly simple style, and no double-stranding. If I had a bunch of ends to weave in, or a lot of assembly needed I'm sure it'd take a lot longer.

I've only made one big afghan before. I spent about a month on it, but I had a lot of free time then since it was during the summer. Plus I was totally in the crochet zone so every free second I had my hook flying. I don't think I'd be able to make an afghan that fast now that I have classes going again. I want to make one as a Christmas gift, and I'm thinking it'll take me at least two months to do (so I guess I better start now....).

It all depends. It depends on what kind of afghan I'm making, what other projects I have going on at the same time, and how much free time I actually have to work on it.

The shortest time it ever took me was 2 weeks. That was for a 2-strand ripple roughly the size of a single bed. But on the other hand, I've been working on an afghan for my sister for over 2 years now, and it's nowhere NEAR complete.

This varies based on pattern and my mood. I generally figure an afghan takes a month, but usually get them done in about 2 weeks. I try to look for interesting patterns that I won't get bored with before it's done.

When I first started crocheting it took me a month and a half to make my first queen sized ghan. For the Crochet Games I cranked out my 7 foot round ripple in 2 1/2 weeks.

A lot of it depends on how fast you crochet and how much time you can devote to making it.

2 weeks depending on how often I work on it and for how long. I love working out afghans so it doesn't take to much time. When I finish a big one I like to take a break and make smaller things.

I know the rr's take about a week for a nice sized baby one. That's working while watching tv, so I really don't know how long it takes.

:manyheart

it depends on the pattern used, the amount of time i have to crochet, the size it will be when done, etc. I made a granny square for a friends new granddaughter (was a shower gift) and it took about 2 wks..... made b/f a full size w/ 2 strands of yarn and just dc for 5 rows and 1 sc alt....and took about a month.

Sandy

Archived