Bernat Glow-in-the-Dark Yarn!!!!

Got some of this yarn yesterday! It definitely is expensive...

My daughter decided I should make a tooth fairy pillow out of it! :hook I'll post a picture whenever I get it done.

Now I must shop for glow and the dark yarn

OK so yesterday was the first day of school for my 2 oldest grands and yes I called them both to see how the first day went (they live over 1000 miles away:angry:angry) but I thought a cute quick little something was in order for my new second graders sooooooo.....

how about a purple glow in the dark headband for the cheerleader and a set of glow in the dark hacky sacks for my grandson. I will post a pic of the hacky sacks when they are done, but the head band went in the mail this morning.

That is really neat. :yes

A lot of uses for kids & smaller items since it is a little expensive based on the yardage. Hats to wear on dark mornings at the bus stop, make a seat cover for their bicycle if they ride at dusk or dark, & those hanging stars from the ceiling would be so cool! Stuffed animals for little ones, glowy footbags, football game wrist bands for teens, cell phone covers or a stringy cheer stick for the game. Arm bands....even a removable antenna cozy for the car so you can find it at night in WM's parking lot :lol Slip it on when you leave your car & slip it off & throw it in the glove box when not in use. :yes Never lose your car again but hope no one steals it, so you might want more than one. I wonder if it only glows after exposed to light? Some of that glowy stuff does that...then fades out after a few min in the dark. I have no idea what makes it glow so it would depend on what they use. I would def check toxicity if making small children something with it.

I saw the yarn when I went to Listowel for the Spinrite Tent sale. It's C$4.99 a ball and it was in the store, so there's no discount. They have also published cute Halloween knitting pattern book with only 1 crochet pattern in it for kids!:)

I wonder if it only glows after exposed to light? Some of that glowy stuff does that...then fades out after a few min in the dark. I have no idea what makes it glow so it would depend on what they use. I would def check toxicity if making small children something with it.

I'm guessing it would have to be exposed to light first.

I grabbed a skein of the Lilac Lustre, could not resist, it is sitting next to me glowing away, I am going to make some stars for my daughter, she loves stars, I am expecting lots of requests from her friends. I think I want one for my car and purse, it's just too cool. I used my coupon at michaels, but I think you can get quite a few stars out of one skein....5 or 6?

Archived