Pineapple mile-a-minute afghan pattern

Sandy55

Question

I am addicted to pineapples and have made my share of pineapple afghans and doilies, but the one thing I haven't made is a pineapple MAM. Does anyone know of a nice pattern for sale or free on the web? Thank you in advance for any help.:)

19 answers to this question

For the runner it says to repeat rows 2-19 6 times for 7 pineapples so couldn't rows 2- 19 be repeated for how many more pineapples you wanted to make then finish it like the last row.

I was looking through my books for another pattern and ran across one that was not labled as mile a minute (MAM) but was done in panels and is pineapples. It is in the Leisure Arts Afghans for All Seasons -- There are several of the books that are labeled as such and current issues are Book 2, 3 4 etc. I have 2 different books with the same title, different patterns though. The one that has the pineapple ghan is copyright 1993, called Harvest Gold on page 70. Just to give everyone a different option. It looks like the attach method is sc chain a few sc in other panel etc.

This may not be the exact pattern, but I wanted to give extra options if needed.

here is the book on Amazon I was speaking of http://www.amazon.com/dp/0942237242?tag=cherylcalif-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=0942237242&adid=19B6F1K7ZX2W7FRMGYNX&

Didn't I add you to the RAOK list for the other one? :think

YEP!! You did - thank you for that!! I just love patterns and the more I can get the better - LOL!! My name is Robin, I am a pattern-a-holic - LOL!!

If you read through the pattern, it tells you to make a 'first' pineapple strip, 4 middle ('second') pineapple strips, and a 'last' pineapple strip.

Each strip has a repeat spelled out in the pattern-the first strip repeats row 2-7, the middle strip repeats rows 3-8, etc. If you want to make the afghan longer, just repeat those rows more times than it says to. If you want to make the afghan wider, make more middle strips.

I am sooo sorry, I guess I didnt read far enough, I looked for the "6 + 2" type thing. Thanks for setting me straight!:)

If you read through the pattern, it tells you to make a 'first' pineapple strip, 4 middle ('second') pineapple strips, and a 'last' pineapple strip.

Each strip has a repeat spelled out in the pattern-the first strip repeats row 2-7, the middle strip repeats rows 3-8, etc. If you want to make the afghan longer, just repeat those rows more times than it says to. If you want to make the afghan wider, make more middle strips.

I was looking through my books for another pattern and ran across one that was not labled as mile a minute (MAM) but was done in panels and is pineapples. It is in the Leisure Arts Afghans for All Seasons -- There are several of the books that are labeled as such and current issues are Book 2, 3 4 etc. I have 2 different books with the same title, different patterns though. The one that has the pineapple ghan is copyright 1993, called Harvest Gold on page 70. Just to give everyone a different option. It looks like the attach method is sc chain a few sc in other panel etc.

This may not be the exact pattern, but I wanted to give extra options if needed.

I saw the AA booklet at Goodwill today, but didn't buy it. I'll go back tomorrow and see if it's still there.

BUT...look on ebay. It's there. I did a search on ebay as "annies attic mile a minute" and it came right up. Make sure you sort by "time: ending soonest" and it's the first one on the list.

okay - could someone look at the free pattern and tell me what the repeat is so i can make it longer by adding A + B = C and keep it in increments like that? not sure how to do that - hope someone can help me!!

Sandy55 - thanks for replying to my email and saying it was okay to ask this here. I sooo appreciate you starting this thread!!

which free pattern?

okay - could someone look at the free pattern and tell me what the repeat is so i can make it longer by adding A + B = C and keep it in increments like that? not sure how to do that - hope someone can help me!!

Sandy55 - thanks for replying to my email and saying it was okay to ask this here. I sooo appreciate you starting this thread!!

I am addicted to pineapples and have made my share of pineapple afghans and doilies, but the one thing I haven't made is a pineapple MAM. Does anyone know of a nice pattern for sale or free on the web? Thank you in advance for any help.:)

I got this LA book Afghan # 3 in the booklet is called Luxury

it is done with staggered strips of pineapples as close to a MAM as I have seen. 2 strips alternate.........pic below

Is this what you were looking for? They list the book for $5.21 I am sure I paid more

at Walmart or Hobby Lobby for it It has 4 other really good Pineapple patterns in it.

LA3116-5.jpg

Archived