You Know You're a Stashaholic When...

Rachel and tiggerhale - right on target! :rofl :rofl

In my own defense, I have to say that I didn't have my mailman at the family photo op (he said no when asked). and I'm glad I didn't know about crochet (wow, that's hard to grasp now, that there was a time when I didn't know about crochet...) when David was about to be born; I packed food for 24 hours instead (in a separate suitcase)! Well - they tell you that a first kid takes their own sweet time about appearing and that you don't want your hubby to faint from lack of food, right?!! how was I to know that my kid hadn't read the childbirth rule manual.....:lol (the obstetric staff, on the other hand, quite appreciated the snacks) :D

....and if you use up a skein or so from your stash, then what's left of that color isn't enough for the next project! Of course you need to go buy yarn for the WIM, so there will be enough in your stash for the next WIM.... (what, what? why are y'all laughing at me? did I say something illogical?)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally cleared all the yarn out of my livingroom that I had in bags stashed behind the recliner and another chair which equaled 3 leaf sized garbage bags. My grandson took them up to the computer room and piled them on top of the 3 giant tubs of yarn I already have up here. It's amazing how much room I had in the livingroom---the key word being HAD---The only reason I moved all that out is because I'd just been to Walmart and bought about 2 garbage bags of new yarn. I did organize it better so you can hardly see it......:clap . They have some pretty cool new colors that I just had to have.:hook

I also have a big van and the thing is a great place to keep yarn out of site. There is a tub and 2 bags in the back right now. Without knowing exactly what I have my hubby still claims I have more yarn than Walmart. My kids tease me all the time too----that is until they want me to whip up something really quick and lo and behold I have some yarn. (my oldest daughter has boys but her friends with little girls are all sporting little summer purses right now.)

You know your a stashaholic when the postman is relieved that you've reverted back to ordering yarn on eBay and stopped with the mosaic tiles

When DH is about to move a piece of furniture and you do everything to distract him because the entire underside and behind is FILLLED with your treasures

When your teenage daughter refuses to go to Michael's with you because she says it makes her physically ill

When your teenage son tells you, "mom, this is ridiculous. it is not possible to use up all this yarn. you spend more time buying yarn, looking at patterns and playing on crochetville than you do making anything."

I know I'm a stashaholic, when I go looking in my appliance shelves, (bottom two rows in the linen cupboard) and find two bags of wool, that I didn't even know I had, and could have used at the beginning of this new blanket instead of the colours I've had to buy in to use :(...

eeek!..

Or, you have a project to do and the yarn in your stash to do it, but don't know if you really want to part with that skein just yet!

:rofl I am SOOOOOOOO there.

We are semi-empty nesters this summer with both kids working at a sleep-away camp.

I told my husband we were rattling around this big ol' house

(pause for effect)

and needed some more yarn to pad the walls with.

He's a good sport.. he laughed with me.

:think padding walls vs padded walls. well in either case I'll bet yarn would make good insulation.

I guess I am a multi-stashaholic I have some yarn ,a couple of crochets thread,lots of cross-stitch kits :yes and all of the DMC thread :yes ,and books and books..and material-fabric..My mother was a seamtress and a stashaholic herself, and when she past away in 1978 I got all of her boxes and boxes of material and patterns and all the stuff that goes with it ..that I have been taking with me every where we moved. :hook

I went to Walmart this weekend with my DH. I happened to "notice" a new color of yarn they had. We are in agreement that I will not by anymore unneeded yarn until I get rid of some of my stashes. So I notice the yarn, I touch the yarn, I long for the yarn, but the good wife in me put the yarn back. Did my DH trust me? NO. He lifted everything up in the cart to make sure that I had not hidden it. Little does he know that I am going back w/o him and getting it. I will hide it amongst the others and he will never know. Kind of like in ET when they hide him in the stuffed animals. LOL

Archived