You Know You're a Stashaholic When...

I'd like to post this list of "stashaholic" symptoms on my blog, so if you object to my posting your additions, please note that in your symptoms list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:eek You're looking through your yarn to find a specific color and find an unopened 1-lb. cone of kitchen cotton (not the color you were looking for!) and you don't even remember buying it!

:eek You also find not one, but one and a partial skein of this stuff: 18431378_ba4b9d4206_t.jpg (which we all know means some of was used somewhere...)

:eek You search the clearance bins at Target for ANYTHING that could possibly be crocheted and buy as many packages of hair ribbons as possible. 18431379_cb65d426ce_t.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no objections...

You know you're a Stashaholic when you have over 100 skeins of every imaginable type/color/fiber of yarn/ribbon/thread and you don't have not even ONE in brown or any shade of brown!!!

Oh gawd, that darn RH Mexicana! I just remarked to someone how everybody has a skein or two of that stuff and some is always used!

Yes, I go through the Target $1 area and look to see what I can use for crafting there.

Yes, I also have a 1 lb cone of cotton yarn that I don't know what it's for or when I bought it.

I'll add:

Yes, I have to look for yarn everywhere I go. Yes I know I have tons of yarn at home, but enough, NEVER.

You Know You're a Stashaholic When...

No one asks what you want for your birthday or Christmas. :sheepxmas

Everyone knows what they are getting from you for birthday or Christmas--something crocheted. :lol

when you scope out the house for new hiding places for your stash, go out to buy plastic bins that fit those locations, come home and proceed to fill them immediately.

Your creating a database on your computer with how many skiens of yarn you have, the color, the type and even has the manafactures name on it.:lol (Last time I look, 35 skiens in total, but haven't updated this week).

Crocheted Monkey:cheer

You know you're a stashaholic when you run out of places in the house and you have four containers of yarn and craft supplies in hubbies shed!:eek (ssshhhh):devil

You know you're a stashaholic when you run out of places in the house and you have four containers of yarn and craft supplies in hubbies shed!:eek (ssshhhh):devil

Or in the trunk of your car!

These are great!! Keep 'em coming; I'll compile a post this weekend! I wonder if we can get at least 50 symptoms?

:eek You know you're a stashaholic when you have three floor-to-ceiling shelving units that are full and you've run out of room for more storage space...but you buy more yarn anyway!

You know you're a stashaholic when you have run out of room everywhere else in your house and the underneath of your bed is BREEDING yarn and it keeps trying to escape!! :eek My poor DH!

You know you're a stashaholic when you buy every plastic bag containing one or more new or used skeins of yarn at the thrift store, just because it's half-price day and each bag has a skein that matches something in another bag, so you buy them all. You spend the evening ooohing and aaahing, and even sorting them into stacks of "I love this" and "I like this" and "I should keep this because I might use it one day." :heehee

You know you're a stashaholic when the staff at your LYS (or wherever you hunt yarn/supplies at) either:

1. Roll their eyes when they see you coming (these are the braver staff) or

2. Run to hide when they see you coming

And when the new staff walk away saying "So THAT'S the one they warned me about"

Oh and

You know you're a stashaholic when your children who are old enough refuse to go shopping with you because they know you will end up somewhere with yarn or craft supplies and you will be there forever (so they say)...and when the kids that are old enough to talk but not old enough to refuse just assume that every time you get in the car you are going to get yarn and/or craft stuff.

My 3 year old asked me (on more than one occasion) when we've got in the car "Where are we going Momma, to get yarn?"

You know you're a Stashaholic when everyone in our LYS knows you by your first name & greet you when you first walk in the door, knowing a big sale is going to happen.

You know you're a Stashaholic when you don't go to your LYS within a week and you get 'Get Well' cards in the mail from the staff at that same LYS and phone calls wondering how you are & if anything is wrong.

Oh and

You know you're a stashaholic when your children who are old enough refuse to go shopping with you because they know you will end up somewhere with yarn or craft supplies and you will be there forever (so they say)...and when the kids that are old enough to talk but not old enough to refuse just assume that every time you get in the car you are going to get yarn and/or craft stuff.

My 3 year old asked me (on more than one occasion) when we've got in the car "Where are we going Momma, to get yarn?"

Oh Jessi,

Elena is so there! Whenever she sees any packages on the porch, she says "Oh No, more yarn! Don't you have enough already? You better start selling some of your stuff on eBay (my other obsession, but not as bad anymore)"

Your creating a database on your computer with how many skiens of yarn you have, the color, the type and even has the manafactures name on it.

And here I thought I was the only one who did this. Or was planning to, anyway. It's on my list of things to do this weekend.

And here I thought I was the only one who did this. Or was planning to, anyway. It's on my list of things to do this weekend.

I have one, too. Though I haven't gone through everything yet... just one box. :ha

You know you're a stashaholic when you hear the tornado watch alert and the first thing you think of (after how to get your children to a safe place) is "how am I going to save my yarn?"Preceded by the flood alert...in which you removed all the important documents in your plastic tubs and replaced it with patterns and yarn...that reminds me, I need to go buy more tubs.

Archived