Hello from the South

Linda

Just came across your sight in searching for old crochet patterns.

I'm not quite to retirement age yet....but still find time to crochet almost each evening while watching 1-2 hours of TV with "hubby" of 35 years.......usually after 9PM. I can't seem to sit for any period of time without a crochet hook in my hand!

I've been crocheting for some 40 years and truly love it! Most of my crochet is old doily/runner/table top patterns using the size 20 and 30 thread, but occasionally I will use #10 thread. I usually end up giving pieces as gifts for Christmas/birthdays/even as giveaways at family reunions....have even sold some in years past. In my "younger days" I also enter some items in the North Florida Fair.

I just started my first bedspread (for a queen size bed). The pattern shows for single and double, but figure I can work out how many additional rows I have to add to get the correct size. Based on the number of squares needed for a double bed, I figure if I do 3 squares a week; I should be pretty well there in about a year and a half. That will still allow me to do other items in between....don't want to get burned out on the bedspread and never complete it!

Nice to find a "community" of gals (and possibly guys) with a similar interest.

Linda :juggle

:hi and :welcome to Crochetville. Glad you found us! Most of us are addicted to crocheting and don't sit long without a hook in our hands either :lol

You have come to the right place!

Barbara

Hello!! :welcome to Crochetville from my current corner of the globe....Belgium! Can not wait to see/hear how progress is going on your bedspread - I can not even contemplate taking on a project that large!! :eek

Archived