RH Super Saver or RH Soft Yarn for blanket?

I have gobs and gobs of RH Super Saver and RH Soft Yarn in assorted colors. I'd like to make a ripple blanket but can't decide which yarn to use. I've never made a blanket before. RH Super Saver seems warmer but rougher while RH Soft Yarn doesn't seem as warm but is soft (obviously). Please help me decide!

I use RH SS with every blanket I make whether it be for a baby, for a older child or adult. It is rough but when you wash it it comes out so soft.

I havent used the soft but usually use rhss or caron ss. the rhss does soften after you wash it - which one has the colors you want to use and enough of it to do the blanket you want to do. either would be good!!

It is so easy to make the RHSS incredibly soft. I always use that for afghans. I'd use the simply soft for a baby afghan and soften it as well.

Personally, I would use the RHSS. I guess it is a little rougher working with it than some of the softer yarns, but for an afghan I think it holds up much better. Also, I've found that only certain colors are rough. I made one afghan out of a softer yarn (Caron Simply Soft) and it's way too limp feeling for me. RHSS softens alot when washed.

I use RHSS and with a wash it softens and I find that the RHSS now compared to years ago is softer than it used it be. It does hold up really well too. I have a baby afghan I made 18 years ago and it still looks like new!

Archived