Swirl Skirt

diamond

I owned a skirt just like that! It was fabric though. Very cute. Same length, same swirl.

Geez, Cheryl - you're no help at ALL! LOL! I'm absoLUTely :drool:drool:drool

I'm in trouble now... :shop Believe me, this one's bookmarked for plundering, as soon as I have the $$$ to do it! :devil:hook

I don't think so - it's made from thread! At least I believe that's what Perle cotton 5/2 is, right? And I have a LOT of really nice thread, thanks to a hot buy at my Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago... I've got the patience, now all I need is the time (and the pattern, tee hee!). :hook

I dunno, you might - but maybe not as much if it's made with thread rather than yarn, since thread doesn't stretch... At least that's my best educated guess, since I've never worn a thread skirt before - no wait! I take that back! I have a skirt and tank set I bought a long time ago that's crocheted in thread, but it has a fabric underskirt, since it's a lacy pattern, and it's a loose, flowing style to boot. So I guess that doesn't really count.

At any rate, I'm willing to find out! :D This style of skirt is right up my fashion alley! :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

I ordered the skirt and have gotten it already in the mail and must say it is gorgeous. I haven't started it yet but will keep with the guidelines on it and more than likely put an underskirt under it for seating purposes.

• 5 years later...
the link for the pattern doesn't work. I went to the web site but can't find the pattern..anyone???

This thread is from 2005, so it's not surprising the link doesn't work.

Here's the site they were talking about: http://www.artoftangle.com/index.htm

You might be able to contact the people on the site and ask them if they have a swirl skirt made in Pearle cotton 5/2 pattern for sale.

This thread is from 2005, so it's not surprising the link doesn't work.

Here's the site they were talking about: http://www.artoftangle.com/index.htm

You might be able to contact the people on the site and ask them if they have a swirl skirt made in Pearle cotton 5/2 pattern for sale.

I know it's an old thread, but the link worked a few weeks ago..or I have the wrong skirt in my head. :D I will try that..thanks!!

Archived