High Heel Shoe?

buggaboosmommy

Hello :) I have a high heel shoe made out of thread that my Great Grandmother made before she passed. I also have the shoe forms she used to stiffen the shoe. So, my question is...does anyone know where I can find a pattern for a high heel shoe?

I can scan the shoe tonight, but the only one I have isn't stiffened.

Donna

Donna,

Check this out. This is only one of several shoes that Annie's attic have on sale.

I think this is what you are looking for and you can't beat 99 cents per pattern.

http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=5930

Annie's Miniature Shoe Society (Pink Lace)5930.jpg$3.95 $0.99Details | =C1102"]Add To Cart

This is what I'm looking for. The first photo shoes the shoe form, and the crocheted shoe flat. The second photo shoes the crocheted shoe on the form..so you can see the detail. It is just a simple dc pattern, I think I am going to give it a whirl..was just hoping to find a pattern, lol. My great grandmother use to have tons of these, all different colors and some with emblishments, but this is the only one that could be found when she passed. So..here they are... Donna

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/buggaboosmommy/DSC00803.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/buggaboosmommy/DSC00804.jpg

Oh! I don't believe it!

Someone else asking about these shoes!

I looked everywhere for the forms and a pattern.

I finally found it in a Mary Maxim crafts catalogue.

They had a kit of five or six clear plastic molds and instructions to make little fancy shoe Christmas ornaments.

I was so happy!

My Grandma had made them into pin cusions and potpourri holders, but she left no instructions on how she made them and only one mold (which my sister scarfed!!!) :P

After you make it, you remove them from the mold and spray some ot that light crochet starch on them to stiffen them up.

I could take some picks tomorrow of the ones I made from the molds.

Becks,

That would be GREAT!!! I want to make a few for my grandmother (since my great grandmother made these when she was growing up)....I can't wait :) I have to molds..one is clear (that I took the photo of) and the other is pink, lol. You are awesome! :)

Donna

I found the pattern,.....finally!

My stash/all crafty things closet really needs to be organized!!!!!

I took two pics of the shoes I made too.

They look exactly like the ones you have there.

beads%20008.jpg

The ones I have were my great grandmothers...so I have no clue where she got them. I know in the bridal depts, they do sell the shoe forms, to be used for bridal favors...but they would probably work too. The two I have are different from those, they have a wider toe form.

Donna

• 2 years later...

Wow! I am surprised and excited that I am not the only one trying to find the shoe mold. The picture shown in the online pattern url that Jewels posted is the EXACT shoe mold style and size I need to get. My 81 year mother loves to make them. Can anyone tell me where I can buy the mold for her. I'd love to surprise her with it!

• 2 months later...

You mentioned that you ahve molds for stiffining the finished product. What size (L,W,&H) are the molds? I'm looking for molds that are approx 6" long and 4" high. Thanks in advance.....

Oh! I don't believe it!

Someone else asking about these shoes!

I looked everywhere for the forms and a pattern.

I finally found it in a Mary Maxim crafts catalogue.

They had a kit of five or six clear plastic molds and instructions to make little fancy shoe Christmas ornaments.

I was so happy!

My Grandma had made them into pin cusions and potpourri holders, but she left no instructions on how she made them and only one mold (which my sister scarfed!!!) :P

After you make it, you remove them from the mold and spray some ot that light crochet starch on them to stiffen them up.

I could take some picks tomorrow of the ones I made from the molds.

• 10 months later...
I want to make a few for my grandmother (since my great grandmother made these when she was growing up)....I can't wait :) I have to molds..one is clear (that I took the photo of) and the other is pink, lol. You are awesome! :)

Donna

Donna, I am looking for this high heel form that you are talking about. I have the pattern. Just like you, my grandmother made these when I was a child. If you could help me locate the form I would be most apprecitive, any ideas? Thank you...

BarneyOatmeal

Hello, Barney Oatmeal!

I ordered mine from a kit at Mary Maxim a long while ago.

I've heard they sell the same plastic hollow shoe forms in the bridal aisles at any craft stores like Hobby Lobby, Michael's or Jo Ann's but I haven't checked there. (I guess people make some kind of table decorations with them or shower gifts for guests or something.)

Maybe you could write Mary Maxim's and ask if they will be selling them again sometime. If enough people ask, they're bound to bring it back and sell the kits, don't you think?

• 1 month later...

This is unbelievable!
Many years ago I would sit in the floor and play with my grandmothers plastic bright green high heel shoe. She had made hers into a pin cushion. At the time I just played with my cool green "doll shoe.
Years later when she passed all I asked for was that little shoe. (wondering where the other had gone. :S)
I've used it as a pin cushion ever since and my father says his mother had it long as he could remember.

I went to the link for the pattern that was posted and Lo and Behold!!!
My precious pin cushion Colly Shoe is the exact measurements.

I have the shoe mold!!!!!!!!

it brought tears to my eyes.

I GONNA MAKE ONE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!
:yay I love this site.
-Fire

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Hello :) I have a high heel shoe made out of thread that my Great Grandmother made before she passed. I also have the shoe forms she used to stiffen the shoe. So, my question is...does anyone know where I can find a pattern for a high heel shoe?

I can scan the shoe tonight, but the only one I have isn't stiffened.

Donna

Hi, My name is Donna too. I have a shoe pattern & am looking for shoe forms. Preferably 3" tall & 4" long. Found some 'mini' ones at Pat Catan crafts,but want some twice the size. Willing to sell me a couple? I will exchange pattern for some forms. :manyheart In my next e-mail I will have a scanned picture of some of the shoes I've made.

Hi, My name is Donna too. I have a shoe pattern & am looking for shoe forms. Preferably 3" tall & 4" long. Found some 'mini' ones at Pat Catan crafts,but want some twice the size. Willing to sell me a couple? I will exchange pattern for some forms. :manyheart In my next e-mail I will have a scanned picture of some of the shoes I've made.

Okay I have a 'picture' but now I don't know how to post it here!

This is what I'm looking for. The first photo shoes the shoe form, and the crocheted shoe flat. The second photo shoes the crocheted shoe on the form..so you can see the detail. It is just a simple dc pattern, I think I am going to give it a whirl..was just hoping to find a pattern, lol. My great grandmother use to have tons of these, all different colors and some with emblishments, but this is the only one that could be found when she passed. So..here they are... Donna

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/buggaboosmommy/DSC00803.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/buggaboosmommy/DSC00804.jpg

Neither of the links you have here will open to the 'pictures' you're describing. All I see are animals & 'other' stuff. How can I view your pictures?

Okay I have a 'picture' but now I don't know how to post it here!

Hi, welcome to the ville:hook

here is info on posting photos http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99290

you may want to read through the guidelines, faq, board help, etc just to familiarize yourself.

also, the original post is from 2005 so the photobucket album is probably inactive now, thus the links don't work anymore.

• 4 months later...

Archived