Crochet tournament!

As I was driving by a church in my town, I saw a sign that got me excited. I had glanced at the sign and thought it said "Crochet Tournament" .

It got me thinking of what a Crochet tournament could be. New yarns to try, new stitches, fastest crocheter, etc.

Later, I drove by the sign again. It really said "Croquet Tournament" ! The joke was on me.

I just thought I would share this little bit of funny with you all.

:manyheart

crochet - croquet ... i know what is more fun for me :D lets crochet away lol

maybe a crochet tournament could be:

- a list of free patterns chosen per month

- each participant sets thier competency level and is given a list of projects to suit thier competency.

- everyone sets themselves a number of listed projects (1 - ?) and on the last day of the month each participant posts photos of thier completed projects.

and all crochetville members get to vote on the finished projects in a poll to determine the winner..

maybe the winner gets to set a theme for the next tournament.

What do you think? kind of a CAL i spose..

That is funny! :)

crochet - croquet ... i know what is more fun for me :D lets crochet away lol

maybe a crochet tournament could be:

- a list of free patterns chosen per month

- each participant sets thier competency level and is given a list of projects to suit thier competency.

- everyone sets themselves a number of listed projects (1 - ?) and on the last day of the month each participant posts photos of thier completed projects.

and all crochetville members get to vote on the finished projects in a poll to determine the winner..

maybe the winner gets to set a theme for the next tournament.

What do you think? kind of a CAL i spose..

I think, not sure as I haven't looked into it much, but the 2008 Crochet Games of Ancient Greece games are similar to what you're thinking (yes great minds think a like, and all crocheters have great minds).

Or there are a few different CALs... Stashbusting... Getting it Done... Get rid of UFOs...

Debbi

This made me laugh because last week when I was in a shop, I was talking to the cashier and mentioned something about crochet...this guy was like 65, and although he took an interest in what I was saying, he responded back with something about "good luck with your "croquet..." Priceless.

Made my day...I knew what he meant, and he knew what he meant, but it came out croquet!

:lol I feel your pain! I do that kind of thing all the time! :lol

To add to it, I really do suffer from dyslexia. It took me many years as a kid to overcome it and develop ways to read and study so that I didn't get things all confused. I did manage to get past it, but even today, when I am overtired, I see some awfully funny things that aren't there on signs and things of the like. DH says I'm "the funniest person in the world to take a trip with" because of the things I see on signs when we're traveling. LOL

That is too funny! It reminds me of every time I see the Lion Brand pattern for the Matinee Jacket. The first time I saw it I thought "a manatee jacket? oooh. That sounds interesting!" Now, every time I see it, I have to reread those words every time since it's now a manatee jacket in my head!

Archived