Help With Name for Shawl Pattern First Post Updated

UPDATE: Shawl Name Contest

For everyone who doesn't have a blog, you can leave a name suggestion here and it will still count in the contest.

Hey all, I need help finding a better name for this shawl pattern. Any help would be appreciated. Another viller here suggested I give it a better name than just My Thursday Night Shawl and she's right.

MyShawlsampler2.jpg

So anyways, If anyone can think of a name for it go ahead and post it here. I may end up adding a poll to this later on with some of the names to pick the best one. We'll see!!

Thanks so much for your time!!

Julee

Here's a list of all the names every one has suggested so far:

1.One Night Butterfly Shawl

2.Butterfly Night Shawl

3.Night of the Butterfly Shawl

4.An Evening Butterfly Shawl

5.Butterfly on the Fly Shawl

6.Flight of Fancy Shawl

7.Flutterby Fly By Night Shawl

8.Mourning Cloak

9.Wings of a Butterfly

10.Wings in a Night Shawl

11.Flutter Night Shawl

12.Angel Wings Shawl

13.Fly by Night Shawl

14.Whispering Wings Shawl

15.Party Butterfly Shawl

16.Night Butterfly Shawl

17.White Moth Shawl

18.Albino Moth Shaw

19.Butterfly Shawl

20.Angel Shawl

21.Fairy Shawl

22.Butterfly Beauty Shawl

23.Shawlerfly Shawl

24.Beautylfy Shawl

25.Summer Butterfly Shawl

26.Dancing Angel Shawl

27.Angelic Whisper Shawl

28.Angelic Interlude Shawl

29.Flight of Fantasy Shawl

30.Kiss the Sky Shawl

31.Wings of Grace Shawl

32.Flutterbug Shawl

33.I'll Fly Away Shawl

34.Wings of Isis Shawl (can someone tell me what Isis means?)

35.In Awe Shawl

36.One Night With Angel Wings Encircled Shawl

37.Crochet Angel Shawl

38.Angel Heart Wings Shawl

39.Lucky Charms Shawl

40.Wings of Love Shawl

41.Madame Butterfly Shawl

42.Butterfly Petals Shawl

43. Icarus Shawl

44. On The Wings of Angels Shawl

45. Swan Lake Shawl

46. Pretty As An Angel Shawl

47.Sweet As An Angel Shawl

48. Wings of Doves Shawl

49. Bonner's Fairy Shawl

50. Angel Flight Shawl

51. Wings of a Turtle Dove Shawl

52. Innocence Shawl

53. Snow White Shawl

54. Snow Angel Shawl

55. Light As A Feather Shawl

56. Ugly Duckling Shawl

57. Borrowed Feathers Shawl

58. Flattering Fluttering Shawl

59. Duckling to Swan Shawl

60. Swan Song Shawl

61. Arms of an Angel Shawl

62. The Aunt Bubbels Shawl (:-D) In appreciation of all the hardwork Aunt Bubbels does!!

63. Butterflies Are Free Shawl

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know...I actually kind of like the Thursday Night Shawl name, but then, I'm also in the progress of making a "rainbow threw up on me" sweater, named mostly for the yarn I'm using.... I do also like something with butterfly in it though. Maybe the One-Night Butterfly Shawl?

I don't know...I actually kind of like the Thursday Night Shawl name, but then, I'm also in the progress of making a "rainbow threw up on me" sweater, named mostly for the yarn I'm using.... I do also like something with butterfly in it though. Maybe the One-Night Butterfly Shawl?

Ohh, I like that!! Gives a good desription in both the look of the shawl, and the time taken!! Great idea!! Definintly a runner up!!

Thanks!!

Julee

Beautiful shawl, it reminds me of wings. So here's my suggestion, keeping up with the night thing. How bout "Wings in a night" or "Flutter night" Shawl. I do like the name you have for it now, Thursday Night Shawl has a nice ring to it.:yes I like RainbowAzalea's suggestion too.

My first thought as soon as I saw it was Butterfly Wings. Then I read all the other posts and saw I was right on the theme with all the other butterfly references. Very pretty!

I like this name! :)

Angel Wings is taken~that was my first suggestion! I also like the Thursday Night Shawl....

Okay, my OFFICIAL title: Angelic Whisper... no... Angelic Interlude... HHHHHMMMMM... I'm not ready yet! LOL! Has someone already suggest Flight of Fantasy? (((((HUGS))))) sandi~Kiss the Sky? I don't think I can enter, because I can't stop thinking of more possibilities! Wings of Grace...

Angel Wings is taken~that was my first suggestion! I also like the Thursday Night Shawl....

Okay, my OFFICIAL title: Angelic Whisper... no... Angelic Interlude... HHHHHMMMMM... I'm not ready yet! LOL! Has someone already suggest Flight of Fantasy? (((((HUGS))))) sandi~Kiss the Sky? I don't think I can enter, because I can't stop thinking of more possibilities! Wings of Grace...

Those are all very good but I must say, I really like Angelic Whisper and Flight of Fantasy and Wings of grace......see why I need help.

It'll be hard narrowing down all of the names to a small list. Yikes. I think I might go crazy (in a good, fun way... of course).

Julee

I stared at it for a bit and was going to suggest Angel Wings but then the very next post I read was exactly that! Everyone is coming up with some really pretty names.

Archived