Tank Top Tote...

teakaycee

Thought I would share here along with it being on my blog. :hook

I made this handy XL tote from a tank top and some yellow Red Heart yarn I had on hand.

th_DCP02482.jpg

clickable

this is the bottom:

th_DCP02481.jpg

clickable

Really very easy and cheap!

I needed something to put my blanket in that I'm making myself for Football season in the Fall that my boys will be playing.

Crazy the things you can make from anything! :U

:mug

you all are so sweet! the compliments are very much appreciated!!!

I cant wait to see if there are any of you that try this or create something else thats fun and easy! :crocheting

you all are so sweet! the compliments are very much appreciated!!!

I cant wait to see if there are any of you that try this or create something else thats fun and easy! :crocheting

Oh I've got to try this! I have so many old shirts that I just can't give away or toss. How did you do it? What pattern did you use for the bottom?

supplies:

tank top (any size) **small ones would be great for little kids**

red heart super saver (any color)

tiny steel hook (for puncturing fabric)

size F hook for first row of attachment

size I hook

Bottom:

Row 1 - with steel hook ... puncture fabric around bottom of tank top. make about 6-8 punctures then go back and work the yarn onto the tank with the size F hook and a row of sc. make 6-8 more punctures... go back and single crochet the row. Continue to do this until you have a row of sc as your base row attached to the bottom of the tank. join with sl st to first st. ch 3

Row 2 - Using size I hook ... Dc in each st around joining with sl st to top of ch 3.

Row 3 - ch 3... dc in next stitch... decrease with next 2 dc... dc in next st.... decrease with next 2 st. Continue this pattern all around. join with sl st to ch 3.

Row 4 - ch 3... dec. st all around

Repeat Row 4 until you have reach the middle. Finish off by joining the last few st to close the tiny hole. finish off.

handles:

can be left undone or sc around shoulder straps to create a soft grip and give decorative look.

I sure hope I explained that all okay.

have fun and please ask questions if I made it confusing.

supplies:

tank top (any size) **small ones would be great for little kids**

red heart super saver (any color)

tiny steel hook (for puncturing fabric)

size F hook for first row of attachment

size I hook

Bottom:

Row 1 - with steel hook ... puncture fabric around bottom of tank top. make about 6-8 punctures then go back and work the yarn onto the tank with the size F hook and a row of sc. make 6-8 more punctures... go back and single crochet the row. Continue to do this until you have a row of sc as your base row attached to the bottom of the tank. join with sl st to first st. ch 3

Row 2 - Dc in each st around joining with sl st to top of ch 3.

Row 3 - ch 3... dc in next stitch... decrease with next 2 dc... dc in next st.... decrease with next 2 st. Continue this pattern all around. join with sl st to ch 3.

Row 4 - ch 3... dec. st all around

Repeat Row 4 until you have reach the middle. Finish off by joining the last few st to close the tiny hole. finish off.

handles:

can be left undone or sc around shoulder straps to create a soft grip and give decorative look.

I sure hope I explained that all okay.

have fun and please ask questions if I made it confusing.

I get it, mostly, but what do you do with the I hook?

I get it, mostly, but what do you do with the I hook?

use the I hook on all rows after the first sc row :hook

:manyheart Your idea is wonderful! :think I was just thinking it would be fun to see some of these using different size tops, like childrens or maybe even infants.

I'm really touched by the compliments!!! :ty

Yes.... wouldnt it be cute to make these from small infant or toddler tank tops!?

would be neat little totes for children... or gosh.. even for adults.

With the variety of tank tops out there... could make some really cute totes.

Of course as some have mentioned... using up old tank tops is a great way to recycle.

:U

Archived