Gir from invader Zim for Bic

stinkypoo

I made this gir for my sister.. she loves invader zim. I designed it myself to be true to form as i could, and considering I'm a newby self-taught, its pretty good if i do say so myself! lol.

Hope im not breaking any copyrights.. spare me if it is, its my first post.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll218/dysonor/n649131254_556520_81421.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll218/dysonor/n649131254_556498_9511.jpg

I made this gir for my sister.. she loves invader zim. I designed it myself to be true to form as i could, and considering I'm a newby self-taught, its pretty good if i do say so myself! lol.

Hope im not breaking any copyrights.. spare me if it is, its my first post.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll218/dysonor/n649131254_556520_81421.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll218/dysonor/n649131254_556498_9511.jpg

As long as all you've done is crochet this up for yourself or to give away, everything is okay.

However, this character is very likely trademarked/copyrighted. If so, it would be copyright/trademark infringement to distribute a pattern without permission of the copyright/trademark owner. So we won't be able to allow any discussion about your pattern via post, PM, or email.

It also wouldn't be appropriate to sell these if you make any more.

Now, if you're able to contact the copyright/trademark owner and get permission to distribute a pattern, THEN we'd be able to allow the pattern to be discussed, posted, or linked to from here. :)

OMG...oh kind wonderful woman...would you mind selling that pattern to me.

EDITED BY AMYS TO ADD: Please see my post that came before yours in this thread: Gir is a trademarked/copyrighted character, and the pattern cannot be distributed (for sale of for free) without written permission from the trademark/copyright owner.

:) Thanks for the compliments. ..... And thanks to all the kind people who post stuff here, I learnt to crochet from reading their posts.

Wish I could give something back, but don’t fancy sitting in jail - no fun! Besides, I don’t even know who to approach for permission. Anyone in the know?

Btw, I should mention that the "art work" in the back ground is copyright to my son! lol!!! *kidding*

Wish I could give it to you but my hands are tied!

Why dont you try making up your own pattern?

*All cartoons start out as 3D geometric shapes (cubes, spheres, tubes, etc.) so I figured ditto for crocheting amigurumi. Afterwards when u add felt, embroidery and beads, it comes to life! so learn to crochet basic shapes!

When I don’t have the pattern, to get inspiration, I LoOk and study a pic carefully, sometimes even counting the rows! Or even studying pics of toys from different angles.

Do post what u come up with!

Please see my post that came before yours in this thread: Gir is a trademarked/copyrighted character, and the pattern cannot be distributed (for sale of for free) without written permission from the trademark/copyright owner.

Wish I could give something back, but don’t fancy sitting in jail - no fun! Besides, I don’t even know who to approach for permission. Anyone in the know?

Okay, I did a quick google search. Gir is a character on an animated Nickelodeon show. Nickelodeon is owned by Viacom. Here is a link to the Contact Us page on the Viacom corporate website. I'm sure you could submit a licensing inquiry there, and your request will be passed on to the appropriate people in their licensing department.

Just be aware: licensing arrangements are usually very expensive.

Okay, I did a quick google search. Gir is a character on an animated Nickelodeon show. Nickelodeon is owned by Viacom. Here is a link to the Contact Us page on the Viacom corporate website. I'm sure you could submit a licensing inquiry there, and your request will be passed on to the appropriate people in their licensing department.

Just be aware: licensing arrangements are usually very expensive.

o_O poooo!

Archived