Quahog Beach Bag

windyknollfarm

This bag is just super! I love the ribbon and the lining! Was it difficult to crochet with the jute twine? Our dollar store always has gobs of the stuff for $1 a roll so I think I'm going to take a crack at one of these. It would be perfect for summer! :yes

This bag is just super! I love the ribbon and the lining! Was it difficult to crochet with the jute twine? Our dollar store always has gobs of the stuff for $1 a roll so I think I'm going to take a crack at one of these. It would be perfect for summer! :yes

I decided against the jute twine when I thought about the twine rubbing against sunburned skin as I carried to and from the beach (or just around town), so I used Lily's Sugar and Cream in a sage color. The Handles are also the Sugar and Cream in one of their new Confectioners colors. Much softer and easier to work with!

You are my savior! I saw this pattern ages ago and seriously thought it was in a vintage pattern book that I have...looked and looked to no avail! Then I saw this post...no way...the purse I have been looking for! It looks fabulous and I love this pattern! Thanks so much for posting this!

You are my savior! I saw this pattern ages ago and seriously thought it was in a vintage pattern book that I have...looked and looked to no avail! Then I saw this post...no way...the purse I have been looking for! It looks fabulous and I love this pattern! Thanks so much for posting this!

It is really neat isn't? And it's a free pattern (thanks crochetkitten!). It wasn't difficult to make- I'm horrible at liners so that was the hardest part for me. I like the idea of using the Lily cream and sugar yarn because it's washable and won't cut into my skin like the jute probably would while hiking about the beach carrying every beach toy, sunscreen, and beach book I can fit into it!

Archived