I posted a message, but it didn't appear...so I will try here, I feel like crying...I finished a baby afghan and it looks terrible, so have crocheted 2 different booties and threw those both away, nothing is turning out...thought about starting a rectangular afghan, but don't know how many chains to start with or what size hook......not a good day.

Mamie, I'm so sorry your projects didn't go well. When I have days like that, I tend to put everything aside, and try to do something non-crochet to 'clear' my head.

As for the rectangular afghan, it really depends how large you would like it, and what size yarn you're using. For worsted weight, I usually use a 4.5mm (G7) or a 5mm (H) hook.

You could check out the afghans at Crochet Pattern Central for ideas.

Hope tomorrow's a better crochet day for you!

Sally

What looks so terrible on the baby afghan? Is it something you can fix? Sorry you are having a bad day... if it helps any, we've ALL been there at one time or another. I'm not having a bad crochet day, but I AM down.... Hope we BOTH feel better soon. Hang in there.

Hugs,

Irene

:hug mamie, I think we've all had days like that, when it seems our crochet hooks are working against us, don't cry :hug :hug

Cheer up, Mamie! :hug I don't think there's one of us here who hasn't had a day just like the one you're having with your crochet today. When I have a day like that, I find a project that's really quick and easy, like, say, a bath puff out of cotton, and make a couple of those up. They're fast and they're easy, kind of like instant gratification to make up for all the "off" things that happened. Tomorrow you will pick up your hook and it will be like you have magic fingers. EVERYTHING will go right for you!

thanks for you words of encouragement, it means alot to me...am almost scared to pick up the hook...lol

Mamie- It's not you! It's the bad Zen in the air! LOL

Really- all of us do have crochet days that just do not seem to fit together no matter what we try. I have had some of those and when that happens I go to my painting for a few days or make beads out of polymer clay for purse handles. Don't be afraid to pick that hook up again! When it's time, you will probably make the most beautiful piece you've ever done! Here's a hug for motivation! :hug

I posted a message, but it didn't appear...so I will try here, I feel like crying...I finished a baby afghan and it looks terrible, so have crocheted 2 different booties and threw those both away, nothing is turning out...thought about starting a rectangular afghan, but don't know how many chains to start with or what size hook......not a good day.

If you want to make the rectangle granny square afghan, here's the direct link to my blog.

When I have a day like that, I just put the crochet project in a bag, go outside and play around in my yard. Crochet should be fun and enjoyable. Who needs the hassle!!

Sorry for the problems but remember....nothing good or bad lasts forever. Have a great day and be happy!!!

MC

When things get like that for me:blush, I just take a break from crocheting for awhile. Many times when I think a project looks awful, others tell me how nice it turned out. We are often our harshest critics:yes! Cheer up;)! Crocheting should be FUN!:hook

Been there, done that!

The last thing I finished, I had that yarn for over a year... I started several different projects with it and frogged them away. I frogged that yarn so often there was hardly any twist left to it, but I finally got something made of it, so hang in there! :) Some days and some crochet projects, are like that.

Archived