Serephina shawl

LissaKay

Being the web geek that I am, I just had to set up another photoblog for my crochet and knit projects. (I run 5 blogs already ... heh. Plus manage a few other sites for others)

In the two weeks that I have been hooking again, I have already completed a couple of things. They can be seen here, In Stitches, along with what I have done so far on a Serefina Shawl.

shawl_wip_medium.jpg

It's all coming back to me now, and I am learning new things every day!

You do beautiful work. You should think about setting up an RSS feed for your needlework blog. I was going to subscribe with Bloglines, so I just bookmarked it instead.

Thanks all ... I have been thoroughly enjoying myself with this. It is an obsession, one that I hope I get over a little in time. I have spent an ungodly amount of money on yarns recently, but I have a nice little stash to work from now. I scored some nice chenille on eBay ... 2lb skeins for $6, can't beat that! And some of the most luscious colors, too!

I will be setting up a RSS feed for the photojournal ... I have to do it manually though, because the journal is a hack of a photo gallery module in my blogging software and doesn't normally have one. That will take a bit of time to figure out, as that kind of coding is not my forte.

One side benefit of crochet as a hobby ... it keeps my hands busy and out of the snacks! I've even skipped whole meals because I didn't want to put it down! Is there a Hookers Anonymous, should I ever need it? :D

Mary, that is the same Joann's Sensations Rainbow boucle that Crochet Dude did his Serefina shawl with. I just happened to have already gotten some, and was already planning to do the shawl when he posted his. It was a little creepy to know that someone else had the same idea ... but what the hey, it's all good, right?

Your shawl is gorgeous.:clap I've crocheted about 6 of these shawls making some of them in more expensive hand dyed yarn and others in Homespun with a huge hook. They've all turned out great. Will have to try one using Joanne's Sensation yarn. Thanks for posting a picture.

Archived