Grocery Bag Dispenser

That's right. The package of stretchy thingies didn't say the size, and since I've never had a ponytail, I had no idea how they are measured. Is that a good way to measure it (circumference)?

Neat:)

Question: when you say 5" ponytail rings, you mean circumference, right?

That's right. The package of stretchy thingies didn't say the size, and since I've never had a ponytail, I had no idea how they are measured. Is that a good way to measure it (circumference)?

Well, if we want to get picky about it, I would say diameter would be the better way. (simply because it is harder to measure circumference of a wiggly ring).

Most women would figure it out though because 5" dia. would be an uncommon size for a ponytail ring.

Thanks for your quick reply:) It looks like a useful pattern.

Thanks Dude,

I needed to get all these bags into something besides under the counter in a kitchen cabinet, under a shelf in another cabinet,

and in two boxes in my closet :lol.

I am a pack rat, save everything.

Now I can put them out into something that looks really nice.

Gonna have to make 4 of em I guess, or stop collecting so many gro. bags :heehee .

Thanks for the pretty pattern.

Oh my gosh, how timely that I saw this. I'm going to make one tonight. I'm overwhelmed by the plastic bags that spill out of my small pantry closet and just wanted to chuck them, but my daughter and I need them because we wear them before putting on our riding boots---it makes removing our boots a lot easier.

I'll let you know how mine turns out. Thanks again, Dude!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Oh my gosh, how timely that I saw this. I'm going to make one tonight. I'm overwhelmed by the plastic bags that spill out of my small pantry closet and just wanted to chuck them, but my daughter and I need them because we wear them before putting on our riding boots---it makes removing our boots a lot easier.

I'll let you know how mine turns out. Thanks again, Dude!! :)

You're very welcome. Glad you like the pattern!! :bounce

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Check out this pattern on my blog.

Grocery Bag Dispenser

:eek Warning, this pattern is untested :eek

Please let me know if you find any errors.

Enjoy! :bounce

I can't figure out rounds 5,6 etc. How do you dc in previous loop? You don't get anywhere when you continue to do that. I tried it and got a bunch of mixed up stitches. LOL I need to do this for my 1,000 bags.. :think lol Besides, they would make great Christmas gifts...

Help me CrochetDude... :)

Jenai

I can't figure out rounds 5,6 etc. How do you dc in previous loop? You don't get anywhere when you continue to do that. I tried it and got a bunch of mixed up stitches. LOL I need to do this for my 1,000 bags.. :think lol Besides, they would make great Christmas gifts...

Help me CrochetDude... :)

Jenai

Hello Jenai, I'm so happy you are making this dispenser. I'm whipping up a bunch of them for holiday gifts this year!

Anywho here is round 5:

Rnd 5: Ch 2, dc in next ch 3 loop, dc in previous ch 3 loop. *dc in next unworked loop, dc in previous loop * around. Slip st to beginning dc.

What you are actually doing here is a making double crochets that are crossed. The trick is that when you are about to the make the third dc you move forward as you normally would and dc in the next unworked loop then make the next double crochet in the previous loop (crossing the stitches) and so on.

HTH :bounce

Hello Jenai, I'm so happy you are making this dispenser. I'm whipping up a bunch of them for holiday gifts this year!

Anywho here is round 5:

Rnd 5: Ch 2, dc in next ch 3 loop, dc in previous ch 3 loop. *dc in next unworked loop, dc in previous loop * around. Slip st to beginning dc.

What you are actually doing here is a making double crochets that are crossed. The trick is that when you are about to the make the third dc you move forward as you normally would and dc in the next unworked loop then make the next double crochet in the previous loop (crossing the stitches) and so on.

HTH :bounce

Drew,

Thanks for trying to help... but I have been sitting here for an hour trying to do it, and it just doesn't work.. It doesn't make sense to me. OK, Rnd 5: ch 2, dc in next ch 3 loop, dc previous ch 3 loop... That I don't get because being you just started the round there is no previous ch 3 loop. I have done it over and over and over, and I just can't get it. It just gets all messed up for me. :eek

Would it be ok just to use two dc in each ch 3 loop then?

Thanks, Drew, for trying to help this confused peep.

Jenai

Drew,

Thanks for trying to help... but I have been sitting here for an hour trying to do it, and it just doesn't work.. It doesn't make sense to me. OK, Rnd 5: ch 2, dc in next ch 3 loop, dc previous ch 3 loop... That I don't get because being you just started the round there is no previous ch 3 loop. I have done it over and over and over, and I just can't get it. It just gets all messed up for me. :eek

Would it be ok just to use two dc in each ch 3 loop then?

Thanks, Drew, for trying to help this confused peep.

Jenai

Hi Jenai, it actually sounds like you have the right idea! :clap Yep you just started the round, but go ahead and use the previous ch 3 loop from Rnd 4, even though it is before the beginning of the round. This will make the round look nice and even.

Don't give up, you are on the right track and will be pleased with yourself when you get it figured out! :bounce

Just had to stop crocheting a minute to tell you thanks! I am impressed! :cheer

I ran across your pattern earlier today and had to start it...a big deal if you knew how busy I am right now. It is well on its way to completion. It is darling. I think this is going in a lot of stockings this Christmas!! It is a quick and simple pattern. The pattern is totally perfect and clear to the end, even though I haven't finished it, I read ahead.

Since I am a crocheter and always looking to save a penny or two, I am thinking of useing a 2-inch plastic craft ring for the hanger on top instead of another ponytail band. It probably cost more, but I only have a couple ponytail bands and have a bunch of 2-inch rings. I cut my hair short a couple years ago and had to really dig around to find two ponytail bands in an old package in the bottom of a drawer. :hook

Thanks again.

Stitchinpick

• 2 weeks later...

I love this dispenser!!! Everytime I open my pantry my bags fall out all over the place and my DH gets flustered with me and says "When are you going to get rid of all these bags?" LOL I have got to make one of these things!!! Your pattern looks great so as soon as I have a moment (hopefully after Christmas) I am making one!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this dispenser!!! Everytime I open my pantry my bags fall out all over the place and my DH gets flustered with me and says "When are you going to get rid of all these bags?" LOL I have got to make one of these things!!! Your pattern looks great so as soon as I have a moment (hopefully after Christmas) I am making one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very cool. It's a quick pattern and only takes me about and hour to make one. Guess what everyone on my list is getting for the holidays this year! ;)

Archived