Wanna play with filet?

A pretty motif, Leanna! I commented at your other post.

I think each of us has times when we just cannot get to a project for one reason or another. I know I did when my daughter got sick and needed me. Things happen. At the moment I am really trying to get at least a few rows of my filet done every day. Even a couple of rows a day makes a difference, and I want to finish this so I can start something else. And I need to make a second dress for my little granddaughter. Today I am cleaning up my sewing room and hope to cut the dress this afternoon. Hey, we all have a life besides crochet, although that is a fun part of it!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really close to finishing mine--it could easily be finished this week if I'd buckle down and DO it, but I've had oodles of other things going on. My oldest child and only son (age 17) is spending the summer in the USA with my mom, so we've been busy getting him ready. He arrived safely yesterday, so hurray--and boo hoo, now he's not here! I hate this part of living overseas, and most of the time I love it.

Dh and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary next week, and we are going to VIENNA! Isn't that cool? We're taking the train--I can't wait. I will not be crocheting on this trip, although I usually do on road trips. Books are less fussy to manage on the train.

Hope everyone is making great filet progress...I hope to have some progress myself, soon. :lol

A pretty motif, Leanna! I commented at your other post.

I think each of us has times when we just cannot get to a project for one reason or another. I know I did when my daughter got sick and needed me. Things happen. At the moment I am really trying to get at least a few rows of my filet done every day. Even a couple of rows a day makes a difference, and I want to finish this so I can start something else. And I need to make a second dress for my little granddaughter. Today I am cleaning up my sewing room and hope to cut the dress this afternoon. Hey, we all have a life besides crochet, although that is a fun part of it!

Thanks Carla...it's so true...there's more to me than just crochet, but crochet is so much a part of my life...

I'm really close to finishing mine--it could easily be finished this week if I'd buckle down and DO it, but I've had oodles of other things going on. My oldest child and only son (age 17) is spending the summer in the USA with my mom, so we've been busy getting him ready. He arrived safely yesterday, so hurray--and boo hoo, now he's not here! I hate this part of living overseas, and most of the time I love it.

Dh and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary next week, and we are going to VIENNA! Isn't that cool? We're taking the train--I can't wait. I will not be crocheting on this trip, although I usually do on road trips. Books are less fussy to manage on the train.

Hope everyone is making great filet progress...I hope to have some progress myself, soon. :lol

Happy 20th Anniversary early...that's wonderful and Vienna...that's one place I haven't been to. Our 10th anniversary is in 3 years and what we want to do is come back to Europe and do the Orient Express with Vienna as one of the stops...it'll be an expensive undertaking, but totally worth it. 10's a big number for us in many ways.

Good luck with your projects...

Karen, it looks like you've got a lot going on right now. I hope your son has a pleasant summer. And... happy anniversary, my dear! Twenty years puts you in the long-lived marriage catagory these days. May you and your dear husband have a splendid trip.

You know, I think my husband and I began thinking about a special vacation at about 20 years. Our next big decade will be 40 so maybe we can actually DO it then, LOL!

Leanna, a trip on the Orient Express would be an amazing delight. I would have to take some Agatha Christie with me and be on the lookout for Hercule Poiroit. A few years back my MIL was taking a long train trip and I bought her some silky, flashy pajamas and a mystery to take along. I know she would never have gotten those pajamas for herself but the opportunity was too good.

Oh yes, this is a filet crochet thread, isn't it? I did two rows last night. I was beat and got started late. :hook

Hey Carla...I have wanted to go on the Orient Express ever since the movie came out in the 70's (great, great movie too...)

I hope you and your husband do do something special for your 40th. That would be wonderful.

Harry and I found each other "late" in life...and after both of being divorced and alone for 10 years...and now this year, we've been together 10 years, but only married 7...I just can't believe how fast the years have gone by.

I'm crocheting for the first time in three days. The stomach flu got me bad and I didn't want to do anything but sleep. But today I'm catching up a bit.....

I know that 20 years of marriage is nothing to overlook nowadays--that's why I insisted that we DO SOMETHING instead of just going out to dinner, which is pretty much all the acknowledgment our anniversary usually gets. The whole trip will probably end up costing around $500 (travel/hotel/food/sightseeing), maybe $600. We're using our "economic stimulus" money, so it's really not too bad. We can't really spend it in the US since we don't live there.

I finished up the last bit of my filet piece last night, and begin the border. It's just sc around, but it's kind of slow going because of the shaping. I don't know if I'll get it finished and blocked this weekend or not--lots of laundry and packing to do, for us and the kiddos who are staying with friends while we are gone.

I'll be glad to have this project finished up--I'm grateful for this CAL that helped me get the ball rolling on it again and now it's almost done!

I'm crocheting for the first time in three days. The stomach flu got me bad and I didn't want to do anything but sleep. But today I'm catching up a bit.....

I hope you feel better...my cousin wrote me and told me everyone in her house was sick, sick, sick...and she was having to drag her husband and daughter to the walk in clinic because they had this flu so bad...

I know that 20 years of marriage is nothing to overlook nowadays--that's why I insisted that we DO SOMETHING instead of just going out to dinner, which is pretty much all the acknowledgment our anniversary usually gets. The whole trip will probably end up costing around $500 (travel/hotel/food/sightseeing), maybe $600. We're using our "economic stimulus" money, so it's really not too bad. We can't really spend it in the US since we don't live there.

I finished up the last bit of my filet piece last night, and begin the border. It's just sc around, but it's kind of slow going because of the shaping. I don't know if I'll get it finished and blocked this weekend or not--lots of laundry and packing to do, for us and the kiddos who are staying with friends while we are gone.

I'll be glad to have this project finished up--I'm grateful for this CAL that helped me get the ball rolling on it again and now it's almost done!

You're getting money? Oh how nice, we're not...we never do...any kind of government rebate we never get for one reason or another...can't complain too much though...

I'm glad you'll be doing something nice for your anniversary.

I pulled out my brother's filet and will knock out a few rows on it today...

I'm sorry to hear about the sickness. It's just miserable.

I finished my project Tuesday but haven't had time to picture or block it. It needs blocked BAD!! This yarn/thread/ribbon stuff I used is so stiff, this project looks like a blob :eek I hope the blocking helps out. I'm going to try to get it blocked this weekend and get a picture uploaded.

I sure hope everyone has a great weekend.

Blessings! :rose

Paty

Birdlady, that's the pits. There is some kind of junk going around all the time. Too bad you got it.

I know that 20 years of marriage is nothing to overlook nowadays--that's why I insisted that we DO SOMETHING instead of just going out to dinner, which is pretty much all the acknowledgment our anniversary usually gets.
LOL. Our anniversary is December 23. A lot of years we don't even get to go out to dinner!

Very glad you are in the home, home stretch of your filet piece, Karen. We definitely would like to see it when you are done.

Keep those hooks flying, Leanna.

Patty, we can't wait to see your filet!

I want to get one more row done before I photograph for this week. Later today, maybe. I had to take out the row I did the other day and crochet it again. I knew I was overtired when I started that row and in the cold, clear light of day found made mistakes at both the beginning and end of it. Next weekend I will be away from computers, Lord willing. My husband has a family reunion.

I got nothing done on my filet piece this week. between a job interview, that i will not get, a death in the extended family, my aunt's mother in law who i was pretty close to due to weird family things, foot still yucky, but improving, a marathon grocery trip to stoock up since our ecinomic stimulus check arrived, my BIL is landing in the US around 10:30 am from Iraq, and trying to finish my niece's dress so she can wear it to get Daddy, filet was just forgotten. Hopefully as soon as dress is finished, one sleeve and a collar to go i can get back to filet.

I got nothing done on my filet piece this week. between a job interview, that i will not get, a death in the extended family, my aunt's mother in law who i was pretty close to due to weird family things, foot still yucky, but improving, a marathon grocery trip to stoock up since our ecinomic stimulus check arrived, my BIL is landing in the US around 10:30 am from Iraq, and trying to finish my niece's dress so she can wear it to get Daddy, filet was just forgotten. Hopefully as soon as dress is finished, one sleeve and a collar to go i can get back to filet.

It is amazing what all can come up, isn't it, Chrissy? I hope your foot is better...

Chrissy, I'm so sorry for your loss...hugs to you.

Gran, I actually got about 3 rows done on my brother's filet...

okay, I'm off to bed...

Chrissy, I apologize for missing the part about your aunt's MIL passing away. I am so sorry, hon. People don't have to be close relatives to be close, if you know what I mean. Some are just close because our hearts speak to each other. You have really had a load on you lately. I do pray things get better for you...

Ooooh, Carla--looks good so far. It sure takes a lot of perseverance to finish one of these large filet pieces.

Chrissy, try to take care of yourself. That's a lot of stressors in your life at one time. I'm sorry for your loss, too. :hug

Hi everyone I am almost just maybe close to the half way mark on my filet crochet I want to work on a few more rows this week and then to take that first picture of my work. I love filet crochet and I am learning to keep my stitches consistent and at the same tension. I think that is important in filet crochet. I am also working on my other WIP and I am taking a class at the moment on the VILLE so I am busy, busy but happy doing what I love to do CROCHET. Hugs :hug and :manyheart

Cheeria, it will be exciting to see your progress picture. Sounds like you've got a lot going on with your crochet right now. I'm not good a juggling multiple projects like that and I stand in awe of those of you who do. Which C'ville class are you taking?

Cheeria, it will be exciting to see your progress picture. Sounds like you've got a lot going on with your crochet right now. I'm not good a juggling multiple projects like that and I stand in awe of those of you who do. Which C'ville class are you taking?

Morning, at the moment I am taking The Cat Afghan Square class using sc to make a picture as I crochet. The class is really fun and I already have the technique down. The next class I will be taking is the bottom up pineapple shawl which begins on June 13th. It was through one of the Ville classes that I learned filet crochet. Not only are these classess fun but you get to learn and enjoy doing a new technique in crochet. Got to run grandbaby is up from his nap. :hug

Good morning, ladies. I hope everyone is coming along OK with their filet. Today I am getting ready for travel. My husband's family reunion is this weekend and we will be gone for about a week. I hope when I return there are some pretty progress pictures up! In the meantime, everybody stay safe, well and happy.

My hat's off to all you ladies on this thread. You are creating some marvelous filet projects. I have only completed one filet project in all my 50 years of crocheting. While going through my grandmother's patterns yesterday I came across two filet projects that I am seriously considering doing. I have to finish up a few other projects first, but I may be joining you later in the month. One is a large rectangular picture with 3 poinsettas in it. The other would be for the couple I live with and would be their name with maybe a border pattern around it. The alphabet I found is very special. The alphabet is from the February 1949 issue of The Work Basket and the Poinsettas are from the October 1949 issue of The Work Basket. Both patterns are older than I am. :lol :lol :lol

Archived