Wanna play with filet?

between waves of pain from squashed foot ( I dropped one of DH's DJ speakers on my foot while opening the hatch of the van to wash the windows) i got about three more rows done in the ER yesterday while waiting my turn for x-ray...ER doc says not broken...i am not confident I plan on calling my doc tomorrow to make sure the radiologist agreed.
Ouch, Chrissy! I hope you are OK. Do let us know what you learn. And try (I know, I know — it's really hard) to stay off your foot!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Holly. Welcome to this little group of filet-ers. Are you using Katchkan's shawl pattern or is it another? Not that we don't want you here but there was a thread specifically about her shawl earlier, but I think it has mainly been finished. Of course, you can participate in both!

Here is the pattern I am working on. I'm probably about 20% done, having started at the bottom. I'll post a photo one of these days!

LastScan.jpg

Hey, this is one of my UFO's that I'll eventually be working on...I do love this pattern!

I'm back now! No internet access while I was gone, but oh well--I was busy, anyway. I was in Zielona Gora, in the far western part of Poland. It was in the part that was Germany prior to WWII, so lots of German architecture. I was lucky to get a ride home in a car instead of taking the train again, and we road on a highway that had been built by Adolf Hitler's road crews, and only modernized about 5 years ago!

I snapped a progress picture this evening of my filet project--I'll try to get it uploaded tomorrow.

I've been on some of the former East German roads and yeah, they can be brutal...but then there are many road there that have since been repaved...hope you had a nice trip. We had a nice time.

Didn't work on filet this weekend...but will try to today maybe...I'm still recoverying from the weekend.

Hello everyone! I have been on a tear with my doily this week and will post a pic Friday. The yarn/thread I chose for this project is so stiff, the project doesn't lay well at all! I think it's going to be real blocking challenge. When I'm done, I think I'll crochet it again with the #10 thread the pattern calls for and see the difference. I hope everyone's projects are going well and you're able to post some new pictures this week. Take Care!

Patty

Hi, Patty! (Waving hello.) I can't wait to see your filet.

Birdlady, that is going to be one stunning piece of filet. What will you do with it when you finish?

I must sew this week and am not getting much crochet in at all. Well, I WILL sew dresses for one of our little granddaughters, since I haven't started quite yet. Hannah requested some and her poor mama has about all she can handle with five children these days. We were at our other daughter's for Memorial Day and I ran so hard the past week I just did nothing yesterday but play on the computer. Today, however, needs to be different.

Hey Patty and Carla...

I'm still recoverying from my weekend in Munich...I haven't done any crochet of any kind for the last two days...

Must crack the whip on myself tomorrow though...

Hi, Holly. Welcome to this little group of filet-ers. Are you using Katchkan's shawl pattern or is it another? Not that we don't want you here but there was a thread specifically about her shawl earlier, but I think it has mainly been finished. Of course, you can participate in both!

I'm not sure...:blush. I'll look at the pattern when I get home. I did purchase it online, and then downloaded the pattern. I'll let you know!

I'm not sure...:blush. I'll look at the pattern when I get home. I did purchase it online, and then downloaded the pattern. I'll let you know!

I just did a search here on the forum and found a picture of the shawl you were asking about and no...it isn't the same one. The one I'm working on will have a full butterfly on the back. When I get home, I'll take a picture and "try" to upload it so you can see it.

Birdlady, that is going to be one stunning piece of filet. What will you do with it when you finish?

I'm not sure. Probably will frame it and hang it somewhere....

Hi everyone, I am trying to work on my filet project everyday and the picture is finally showing. By next week I will post a picture of it. I am kind of proud at the way it is turning out. I did order the filet stitches book that someone mentioned in this KAL. I do plan on having a filet project going at all times. I just love the fine work involve with doing it and the finished project that I can frame. I will be away for the week-end until Monday so I will check in with you all then. Hugs and blessings

Cheeria

Finally have a progress picture to show!

2534521464_071720c499.jpg

Remember, I was exactly half-finished with this piece when we started the CAL, so I've made good progress. I'm using Altin Basak 50 (similar to Cebelia 30) and a 1mm hook.

I like what I am seeing there, Karen. The different filet techniques are working up beautifully! This is the one designed by Kathy?

I've been sewing off and on all day so no crochet so far. I would like to finish this one little dress before bedtime tonight if possible. The bodice is complete and skirts don't take too long so maybe I can do it.

Yes, this is Kathy's pattern. I tested the pattern, but didn't finish the piece, and it's been bugging me for a while. I got distracted while I had company in April. This is going to be a wedding gift for a young friend, along with a shiny ivory-colored doily I crocheted with polyester thread.

well honestly ihave to say that i got nothing done on my filet this week. My foot is just too painful to get comfortable. Not to mention that i am on pain pills and there is no way i am going to make a mistake. HOpefully I can get some done thi sweekend as the foot is not broken and is actually feeling better.

Aww, Chrissy! Sorry you are still in so much pain--ouch. Looks like a good time to veg out in front of the TV or with some escapist light reading. If you really want to crochet, maybe dishcloths....mistakes don't matter so much.

:hug

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Chrissy, I'm glad you checked back in but I am so sorry your poor foot is hurting. I seriously sprained an ankle a couple of years ago and it wasn't fun, so I know what you are going through. Keep your foot up and try to rest — something which is not always easy, I know.

In the meantime I have a picture of my pitiful crochet output for the week. If you want to see the litte dress I have been sewing (instead of crocheting) go here.

DaffodilRunner3.jpg

Hi, had to frog original piece, the yarn just wasn't cooperating. After seeing everyone's gorgeous work, I want to try thread just one more time. So I purchased some in a pale variegated shade and found another pattern that was simpler, and I am going to give it a try...probably will have to work on it only on good days when tremors are less severe, but I just miss being able to do all that beautiful lace, so wish me luck.

Hi, had to frog original piece, the yarn just wasn't cooperating. After seeing everyone's gorgeous work, I want to try thread just one more time. So I purchased some in a pale variegated shade and found another pattern that was simpler, and I am going to give it a try...probably will have to work on it only on good days when tremors are less severe, but I just miss being able to do all that beautiful lace, so wish me luck.

Well that didn't work out. I accidentally grabbed a ball of 10 instead of 30. I am going to have a rough enought time with the 30, can't deal with 10 right now. I never thought getting back into making doilies and such would wind up being such a challenge for me. :think

Well that didn't work out. I accidentally grabbed a ball of 10 instead of 30. I am going to have a rough enought time with the 30, can't deal with 10 right now. I never thought getting back into making doilies and such would wind up being such a challenge for me. :think
I'm sorry you're struggling with this, HappyOldCro. I'll be sending good "hooking" wishes your way, hoping that the doily will smooth out for you soon. :hug

Chrissy, how is your foot today? And the pain meds? I certainly understand not wanting to attempt a chart while vegged out like that. May you soon feel great!

I've done a few rows this afternoon. I don't know how many blocks there are in a row but this piece started with a chain of 301, so it's not tiny. If I can make three or four rows a day I feel really good about it. I have a friend who makes bedspreads and other huge projects. She says if she achieves one row a day she feels pleased. I think she picks up her crochet every time she sits down.

Hi everyone, I am back from my retreat and had a blessed and wonderful time. Now it is time to get back to work on my filet crochet and other WIP. Hope everyone is well and is progressing in their filet crochet project. I am hopeful that I will have a picture to take of my work by Friday or in the least sometimes next week. The pattern is finally starting to show. Yippppeeeeee LOL :hook

Glad you had a good time, Cheeria. And glad to see you back on the forums. Isn't it exciting when the pattern starts to form? I am loving watching mine develop.

Just for fun and for you history lovers out there, here is a link with several short articles about crochet history. I hope you enjoy it.

Hi Carla...I've been so bad, no filet work for over a week, however, if you are interested, I have posted one of my original crochet works (not filet) as a free pattern in the Free Original Patterns forum...

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79818

Really have to get back working on my brother's filet though...2 months and they'll be married.

Archived