Apologies........

teakaycee

Please forgive me.

I came here asking for squares for my mommy's comfortghan... received the perfect amount of absolutely beautiful squares.... and shared my intention of making the 'ghan for my mommy for Mother's Day... with pictures of progress.

Well......... I havent kept up on my end of it. I'm so sorry ladies... I know you all were so gracious to send those squares so quickly.... and I've slacked! My mind has been so cluttered lately. I cant seem to stay focused! I dont want to make excuses either... but I have to say that everytime I pick up a square to boarder it to get it ready for the 'ghan... I just cant seem to get all the way around it....... sometimes not even one side. I think of my mom.... which then makes me think of my daddy... and oh how I miss him!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was 3 yrs ago this Father's Day he passed away. I could write a book about my daddy and probably still not share all that he was!

My mom's birthday is next month. I would love to get this 'ghan done for her by then.

I sure hope I can get past this ...... 'whatever it is' I havent been myself... and I dont like it. I can usually be the one to count on..... *sigh* not lately! " I " cant event count on me!

Again ... I'm sorry ladies!!!!

have a wonderful day....

and a GREAT Mother's Day!!!

:flower

:mug

Sweetie, I know how you feel. I have several health issues that keep me from crocheting as often or as much as I'd like. I donate squares to 3 charities and it feels like it takes me forever to get them sent out.

Don't "kick yourself" over this. You do have a lot on your mind and when you finish the blanket, it will be a wonderful present to your Mom.

I'm sorry about your Father and I know how difficult this time of year must be for you. I'll have you in my prayers.

Don't put a deadline on yourself, then it feels like "work" instead of enjoying your crocheting time. I do this myself so I know.

Take care of yourself! That's important too!

:hug

Lauren

Tam, I kind of know what your going through. I've always been the "one to count on"..."the strong one". When my father died I was still the one trying to get everyone else thru it...taking care of everybody & making sure they were ok...even thought I had been "Daddy's girl". A few years after his death things started bothering me....seemed like everything reminded me of my dad....and then I was depressed for awhile. At first I couldn't figure out what was happening...and then I realized I was finally grieving.

Tam...everyone is different & things affect them differently. There is no right way nor wrong way to react to the passing of a loved one....some cry right away...some years later....and some grieve right away...and some years later. If you've been the strong one all along, maybe you've just reached a point where you feel it's ok for you to grieve now. If that's the case, realize that it's ok & let it happen....it's something that needs to be done & it will get easier after the grieving.

I hope this might help you a little bit & I will be praying for you.

The square I made you was a gift to you to do with as you please, when you please. The time it took to make it ate up boring minutes at work and kept me from shoveling junk food in my face. That was your gift to me. So since I gave you something and you gave me something, as I see it, we're "square!" :lol

Some day you'll get itchy fingers or you'll be trying to avoid that oh-so-lovely bag of junk food and you'll get the urge to put that blanket together. Till then, relax and don't be so hard on yourself. It'll get done when it's supposed to.

Colleen

Tam, I'm sorry to hear the troubles you are going through. I can also understand not being able to put the blanket together right now. If picking up the ghan makes you sad because of what it represents then it's ok not to work on it right now. You'll do it when it feels right to you.

I agree with Colleen. When I send a square to someone I would just like to know that it arrived safely (which you did). After that it is yours to do as you please, use it, don't use it, use it for something else, it's your square.

Please take care of yourself and don't worry about the ghan. Hope things are picking up for you.:hug

The square I made you was a gift to you to do with as you please, when you please. The time it took to make it ate up boring minutes at work and kept me from shoveling junk food in my face. That was your gift to me. So since I gave you something and you gave me something, as I see it, we're "square!" :lol

Some day you'll get itchy fingers or you'll be trying to avoid that oh-so-lovely bag of junk food and you'll get the urge to put that blanket together. Till then, relax and don't be so hard on yourself. It'll get done when it's supposed to.

Colleen

This post reflects exactly the way I feel about this issue. Another 'ville members said for you not to take "the fun out of it" and that also is true. Take care of yourself, there will be plenty of time for you to put together the afghan and if you choose not to, it is ok too!! The squares were a gift to you, and we all had a reason to answered to your call. You must put together the afghan with love and desire, the same feelings we had as we reached out to you.. God bless you...

I am sending love, hugs and prayers for better days ahead!! :hug:manyheart

I have read through all of your posts several times... trying to find the right words to express how I feel. Through tears I find it hard to reply now! I dont know if I will be able to share how absolutely blessed I feel to have found this forum with all you wonderful ladies!

I first come here .... a very new member ... asking for charity squares for my mom. You come through for me and I receive them.... Many of them... quickly... and done each with such love. I fall very behind on my end by getting the squares boardered and put together and all you beautiful ladies come through once again for me. This time not with squares ... but with words of love!

THANK YOU!!!!:hug

Huge hugs... Lots of love .. and Blessings beyond your wants or needs!

:mdust:manyheart:mdust

Tam, you don't have to feel bad about that. The ladies here helped because they care about you and they wanted to help. Please take care of you and just work on the 'ghan when you're up to it.

:hug

Don't worry Tam. This is all normal. I lost a 17 month old grandson in a drowning accident 3 years ago this coming Aug. and I wasn't able to pick up a crochet hook until this Jan. Everytime I did I would think of crocheting things for my grandchildren and I just had no interest. Then a friend told me about this site and I started crocheting squares for comfortghans. I guess it made it easier because i was helping to comfort someone else. Hang in there. The hurt never goes away I still cry everyday but thats ok too. You'll know when your ready to work on it again. :hug:manyheart

From such strong... beautiful ladies!

Thank your for sharing your stories ... love and prayers!

I'm reminded that I'm not alone in the world of "grief".:hug

God be with you all... in your time of need from sorrow... and your time of joy!

Being here with you wonderful ladies (and gents) and being able to share when I need without worry.... has been helpful! I'm still struggling a bit with staying focused ... but I dont feel so alone ... which gives me hope!

:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug

:mdust:mug:mdust

• 2 weeks later...

Although I didn't make a square for your mom, this caught my eye. I too lost my dad and in the summer is when it bothers me the most. Dads are very special to us, I am sorry you lost your dad.

• 3 weeks later...

I also didn't contribute to this however I have dealt with the loss of not only my adoptive dad but my foster dad.

My dad past away 12 years ago in August. I was fortunate that I was able to clear the air (we were estranged for a number of years) and I was able to say goodbye and tell him that I love him. He was only 64 yrs old. My parents finally met my foster dad as he drove me out from Vancouver, BC to Edmonton, AB to specifically see him. they spent time together and my foster Dad promised my dad that he would always watch over us, my son and me. I got the call August 9th that Dad had passed. I flew to Edmonton in disbelief and sadness.

So it was with great difficulty, only that just three short years ago I laid to rest my foster dad at the age of 57. Both my son and I took it very hard. We saw him at Christmas time, it was my vacation, and just spent time with him. We came home and 2 weeks later I am traveling back for a funeral. At this one I was the "strong one". I had to help his wife set up the funeral, pick out caskets and find out what his last wishes were. We couldn't find any will at all. His family tried to oust Rose from everything and I had to stand up to his family, that was the hardest thing that I have ever done. His other foster daughter was useless, so it fell on my shoulders.

This time of year is the toughest, you see his birthday was only 8 days after mine, he would have been 60 today. His birthday always fell around Father's Day. I miss him so much and usually this is a sad time :cry of year with birthdays and anniversary's happening.

So take it easy on yourself, we all grieve at different times and in different ways.

I thought i would let you know that.

Cora

• 4 weeks later...
Although I didn't make a square for your mom, this caught my eye. I too lost my dad and in the summer is when it bothers me the most. Dads are very special to us, I am sorry you lost your dad.

I also didn't contribute to this however I have dealt with the loss of not only my adoptive dad but my foster dad.

My dad past away 12 years ago in August. I was fortunate that I was able to clear the air (we were estranged for a number of years) and I was able to say goodbye and tell him that I love him. He was only 64 yrs old. My parents finally met my foster dad as he drove me out from Vancouver, BC to Edmonton, AB to specifically see him. they spent time together and my foster Dad promised my dad that he would always watch over us, my son and me. I got the call August 9th that Dad had passed. I flew to Edmonton in disbelief and sadness.

So it was with great difficulty, only that just three short years ago I laid to rest my foster dad at the age of 57. Both my son and I took it very hard. We saw him at Christmas time, it was my vacation, and just spent time with him. We came home and 2 weeks later I am traveling back for a funeral. At this one I was the "strong one". I had to help his wife set up the funeral, pick out caskets and find out what his last wishes were. We couldn't find any will at all. His family tried to oust Rose from everything and I had to stand up to his family, that was the hardest thing that I have ever done. His other foster daughter was useless, so it fell on my shoulders.

This time of year is the toughest, you see his birthday was only 8 days after mine, he would have been 60 today. His birthday always fell around Father's Day. I miss him so much and usually this is a sad time :cry of year with birthdays and anniversary's happening.

So take it easy on yourself, we all grieve at different times and in different ways.

I thought i would let you know that.

Cora

Bless your hearts!!!!!! huge hugs to you ladies!!! thank you for sharing your stories although how painful.... it helps to know I'm not alone in the world of 'grief'!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP... LOVE ... AND ENCOURAGEMENT!

because of all of you... I was able to get my mommy's 'ghan DONE:yay

If you would like to take a peek at some pics of it.... check out my blog.

:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug

I am so pleased that you were able to finish it:cheer

i know how hard it has been on you to get it done, but you are strong and you did it:hug

It sure turned out pretty

I am so pleased that you were able to finish it:cheer

i know how hard it has been on you to get it done, but you are strong and you did it:hug

It sure turned out pretty

Thank you my dear friend! I'm also pleased and thankful I was able to get it done.

I'm glad you like it... thank you for helping.:hug

Hey Tam, beautiful afghan, glad I could be a part of it. I love the border:hug

I am so blessed to have found such lovely folks here!

thank you my dear for helping me get this project done!:hug

Archived