"Spanish" Basket

Momcrochets

Found this pattern in an old Workbasket Mag...Feb 1984 to be exact. While making it, I found a few changes that would make the project go faster and more smoothly, so I made notes "for next time". Some people can read a pattern and make changes in advance? Not me...to "know" the pattern, I have to follow it/make it once according to directions first. Anyway, I think it turned out cute, overall. DD (almost 4) thinks so too. ;)

P1010778.jpg

Don't know what I'll use it for yet. It's made with size 10 thread and 7 (1.65mm) hook, and is about 5-6" across when laying down flat. (It's not stiffened yet or anything).

What do you think?

Thanks everyone!

I just might have to get to that, Gran. (after I catch up again). I'm thinking I might stiffen it and find some tiny blossoms to put in, like baby's breath. Either that or some clear thread/fishing line and hang it in a window, then put in the blossoms. hmmmm.

i think it's very sweet. would make a great bday gift filled with a few girly bits and pieces, or as gifts with lollies to give to those who come to your dd's party, easter, ina room holdling hair ties, put some silk flowers in and decorate a drab corner. so many things

Archived