Midwest Newbie

navymom

As you can tell by my name, I am a Navy mom. I also have 2 other children at home, and work part-time. I have been married for almost 20 years.

I have crocheted off and for many years, but have been going at it regularly for about 5 years now. I like to make berets, dishcloths and towel toppers. I have also made afghans, including a giant granny square, which was fun.

My next goal is to make items needed for my son while he is away. He is a new sailor, and I miss him so very much, so I hope if I send him something handmade by mom, I'll feel better and he won't be homesick.

Thank you very much. :) I am off to bed now, but will be back tomorrow to check out the rest of this site.

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. I'm glad to see someone who knows what Navy life is like.

I don't know if I need anymore new ideas; I'm overloaded as it is! :lol

Hello! Welcome to Crochetville! I am not in the military, but I am living overseas now, although instead of my mum sending me things that she has made, I am sending things to my mum so she won't feel so sad that her little 'chickedee' has left the nest, spread her wings and sailed off into the sunset......well sunrise is more correct! :)

Archived