Woman's Day Crochet caps insert from '73

librarycat513

I love Woman's Day right now. They are giving away, on the website, a pdf copy of their Oct. 1973 insert that included several different crochet hat/cap patterns.

Here's the one I did ...

WD73crochetcap.jpg

I think it looks terrific. Some of the other hats are pretty cool too and I'll have to try some more some time.

Notice - a few of the crocheted caps include knitted brims -- just a warning.

Love the hat, looks great. I checked out the website and found the file. It's downloading for me right now. The one I found said 36 Crochet Hats. Some of them are really cute and something I would wear.

Thanks for sharing the pic and the info.

LI Roe

The color and cap look really good on you. The stitch looks like the spiderweb stitch that I use on baby blankets. Thanks for the info (I'm downloading now) cause I like to make lots and lots of caps.

~ Debby

Very nice!

I got a little start when I saw that "vintage" pattern set added to CPC last week, which I (ahem) bought new...for all of 50 cents! Most of the patterns were, and still are, great, others goofy looking in any decade....like potholders gone wild. :think

• 1 year later...
I love Woman's Day right now. They are giving away, on the website, a pdf copy of their Oct. 1973 insert that included several different crochet hat/cap patterns.

Here's the one I did ...

WD73crochetcap.jpg

I think it looks terrific. Some of the other hats are pretty cool too and I'll have to try some more some time.

Notice - a few of the crocheted caps include knitted brims -- just a warning.

Hi, The hat looks great on you! I was wondering if you have a copy of these patterns. It is no longer posted on the WD website. I used to have all of them but I somehow lost it... :(

I have the actual Woman's Day 1973 mag with pictures of all 36 hats but it only includes directions for the one on the cover. I love hat #4.

Thanks if you can help

Archived