Comfortghan for brother and sister

TammyG

One of my student's older sister is fighting cancer now and it's not good. She is in the hospital right now. I made her a comfortghan, but I would like to make ones for her younger brother and sister. The boy is in third grade and the sister is in middle school, the older sister is in high school. I know I won't have time to make both of them, so I've wrestled with the idea and decided I needed to ask for help. I'd like to make them slightly different, so 12" blue, green or combination ones for the boy and 8" any color for the the sister.

Thank you so much for any help received. I'd like to get these to them by the end of May, as school ends in mid June. Thanks again for any help.

TammyG, bless you for your kind heart. Cancer affects not only the patient, but the entire family. This afternoon I crocheted an 8" lilac square for the sister and a 12" country blue square for the brother. I will PM you for your address.

I will make a 12" blue/green Strata square for the boy.

What colors are coming to you for the girl? You said any color would do, but some combinations are awkward. I have Caron Simply Soft pastel yellow, bright RH Strata Cherry/Berry, cream, and lots of other colors. I'll make two 8" squares for you. After all, an 8" square is less than half the real size of a 12" square.

Thanks for doing this.

I'm thinking "girly" colors, so purples, pinks, yellows, but not pastels. Something in the medium or the darker tones. Does that help? Thanks so much everyone!

Thanks so much everyone!!! Gotta get my behind in gear and make some myself. Vacation is in two weeks and I'll be working on them then...thanks!

Thank you Tealady - I received your squares today!

Just thought I'd show you the comfortghan that I made the sister with cancer, her name is Maya.

th_crochet160.jpg

She has it on her bed at the hospital now. Her brother, Willis, is in third grade and Samantha is either in 8th or 9th grade. So thank you so much for helping, because I am not sure I could have made 2 more and there are days when I can tell that Willis is struggling and he was very curious about the one I was making Maya.

Maya's afghan is lovely!

My squares are ready to go, but I need to get well and get them to the post office. When they arrive, you'll know they come with a lot of love.

Archived