Shawler CAL

Shelle,

Those colors and yarn is amazing and it will be a go to for everything winter shawler...It will keep you warm in wool.

I hope to begin my pattern this week...I really like to finish one project before I start on another, but it never works out that way. too impatient.

Lovely Shawlers...:cheer

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admire anybody who can finish a project before starting another one. I just can't speak that language! I bet I have over 100 things started. I think I have adult ADHD. I really do! :devil I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddd.

Just finished the 1st half of my 5th Shawler. This is Boku by Plymouth Yarns. It's similar to Noro Silk Garden, but cheaper. This is really going to be colorful! It's 95% wool and 5% silk. I bought 2 skeins of 6 different colors, and did 5 rows of each color, then started over with the first color. I've used almost all of 6 skeins so far. I don't think I'm going to have enough for the complete Shawler with cuffs and hood, so I'll probalby just buy 2 more skeins for the hood.

Yesterday it was quite chilly here in east-central Indiana, and I wore my Homespun Shawler to the grocery store. When I came out, it was raining lightly, so it was nice to have the hood to throw over my head while loading groceries into the car. I did 42 rows on this one, and used a K hook.

shawlerBoku1.jpgshawlerBoku.jpg

I know this really isn't the right yarn for Spring/Summer, but it was just so pretty I couldn't wait to see what it would look like worked up. I really want to make one in a light-weight cotton blend next. :yes

Shelle...this one is a show stopper for sure! :cheer I was almost done with the first half of my second shawler and was really having trouble with the gauge...it wasn't getting long enough compared to the first one I'd made...but I'm thinking well...you're more comfortable with the pattern this time, your stitches are a little tighter...it will be all right.....then I noticed the BIG snafu! :crochetingI was doing hdc instead of dc! Talk about mindless crochet! LOL Since I was almost to the end of a skein I just started over and am ripping the first half out as I go along. This time it is turning out just great! I get so many compliments on mine, I just love it! :hug Thanks again, Shelle, for such a wonderful pattern! :manyheart

I can't wait to see more pics of everyone's creations! The ones posted so far are just gorgeous!

Shelle,

I order your Shawler patterrn and have not received it. Is it coming snail mail...I have hook and yarn and am salivating over all the beautiful shawlers I have seen posted and can't wait to get started.

Look forward to getting the pattern.

Shelle,

I order your Shawler patterrn and have not received it. Is it coming snail mail...I have hook and yarn and am salivating over all the beautiful shawlers I have seen posted and can't wait to get started.

Look forward to getting the pattern.

I already sent it to you. Check your bulk folder, maybe it's in there. I'll send it again. :hook

Shelle...this one is a show stopper for sure! :cheer I was almost done with the first half of my second shawler and was really having trouble with the gauge...it wasn't getting long enough compared to the first one I'd made...but I'm thinking well...you're more comfortable with the pattern this time, your stitches are a little tighter...it will be all right.....then I noticed the BIG snafu! :crochetingI was doing hdc instead of dc! Talk about mindless crochet! LOL Since I was almost to the end of a skein I just started over and am ripping the first half out as I go along. This time it is turning out just great! I get so many compliments on mine, I just love it! :hug Thanks again, Shelle, for such a wonderful pattern! :manyheart

I can't wait to see more pics of everyone's creations! The ones posted so far are just gorgeous!

I purposely made my 4th one in HDC with WW yarn. I love the way it came out. More rows obviously, but absolutely love it!

Hugs

Kath

I purposely made my 4th one in HDC with WW yarn. I love the way it came out. More rows obviously, but absolutely love it!

Hugs

Kath

I thought about going on with it, but it would have ended up too long and it wasn't for me either! Maybe on the next one I make for me I will try it in hdc, but I think for me, I like the homespun dc's better than hdc. There are just endless possibilities with this pattern using different yarn!

I will have to go through all the pics here to see yours again,Kath....did you post a pic?

I would like to post pics on my blog, if you care to have yours included, please e-mail it to me, or I can get it from this thread if I have your permission, each of you. Thanks. If you want your first name included, let me know. Thanks! crochetqueen1@verizon.net or shelleden@msn.com

I would like to post pics on my blog, if you care to have yours included, please e-mail it to me, or I can get it from this thread if I have your permission, each of you. Thanks. If you want your first name included, let me know. Thanks! crochetqueen1@verizon.net or shelleden@msn.com

I think I sent you pics email...anyway I meant to! LOL But if you want you can use mine!

I thought about going on with it, but it would have ended up too long and it wasn't for me either! Maybe on the next one I make for me I will try it in hdc, but I think for me, I like the homespun dc's better than hdc. There are just endless possibilities with this pattern using different yarn!

I will have to go through all the pics here to see yours again,Kath....did you post a pic?

No I don't have a digi camera :/

I occasionally would use my daughters but she moved to CA on monday, so I need to get my own :)

Ok, thanks! (I didn't get the e-mail if you sent one... that's been happening a lot though):(

If you can use them from here...that's great! I checked and I did send them on 5-10...but they were really big so maybe that is why you didn't get them...I try to resize but sometimes forget!

No I don't have a digi camera :/

I occasionally would use my daughters but she moved to CA on monday, so I need to get my own :)

Awww...I was looking at the previous posts here and I would love to see yours, but understand! I just bought my own digi last Christmas. It isn't an expensive one but it does the job! Hope you are able to get one soon! You sure won't regret it!

Awww...I was looking at the previous posts here and I would love to see yours, but understand! I just bought my own digi last Christmas. It isn't an expensive one but it does the job! Hope you are able to get one soon! You sure won't regret it!

Yep, it's on my I MUST HAVE THIS IMMEDIATELY list :)

Im thinking I will get hubby one for Father's day *Cackle*

Two birds with one stone so to speak! lol

I so want to share my 4 shawlers with you all!! You have all been wonderful to share yours! :manyheart

This has to be one of my favorite patterns ever.

My next one I am going to make a straight front instead of continuing to increase down once the arms are done, we'll see if I like it or not! :)

I also want to make one with other stitch patterns , shells etc just have to work on proper increasing :)

Hugs

Kath

Shelle you are more than welcome to use the pics I posted. I still have to get a pic of the LB Suede one, it's been a lazy weekend...more pics to come soon.

Someone should make a CAL Button so we can link to this CAL from our Blogs!!!

Once I finish mine.... which has been staring at me for a month:blush, I will post pics

I still need to take a picture of the Shawler I just finished--my first wearable!

My 5 year old is up early and I'm showing her all the great Shawler pics here. She wants me to make one in her size! :D

I still need to take a picture of the Shawler I just finished--my first wearable!

My 5 year old is up early and I'm showing her all the great Shawler pics here. She wants me to make one in her size! :D

Aww, that would be so cute. You could use a smaller hook, and start with 20 or 25?? dc, and stop when it's long enough, then kind of wing it with the hood. You could just eyeball it. If I get ambitious, I might write the numbers for child and doll size. That would be fun!!

Shelle you are more than welcome to use the pics I posted. I still have to get a pic of the LB Suede one, it's been a lazy weekend...more pics to come soon.

Thanks! ;)

Here's my latest shawler made for a friend who shares my birthday.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/stonezebra/crochetville/jansshawler08.jpg

That is a gorgeous Shawler! I bet your friend will love it as much as we do!

That would be so cute! I hope you do make one for her and post pics for us to see!

Archived