Blankets for Babies

TMKA

Has there been a 'run' to deliver blankets to the hospital yet? I'm almost done with my fourth one and I'll be mailing them out this week to Amber. I was just curious if any had been delivered yet..would like to see pictures of the delivery, too. That would be nice.

Bev

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blush sorry for the delay in updating everyone on this - I just got off the phone with Amber - she and her family went on vacaction to Indiana for 2 weeks and when they returned her computer was fried - apparently there was some electrical storms and a faulty surge protector.

Also, to add to this difficulty, Amber is in the 3rd trimester of a high risk pregnancy and has been put on bed rest - she is allowed to be up for 4 hours out of each 24. Obviously, with a husband and active child she has alot to cram into those 4 hours and has not been able to get to a computer with an internet connection. Hopefully, this is a temporary thing and she will be back on her feet soon.

In the meantime, any blankets can be sent to me, PM me for my address, and I will get them logged, photographed and delivered to Amber for delivery to the hospital (she has a wonderful connection through her church for delivery while she is stuck in bed).

Amber has photographed every blanket received along with a photo of the entire "pile" taken in the first delivery. As soon as the internet problem has been resolved, these will be posted.

She was able to deliver 37 blankets (much more than we had dared to hope for!) - several hats and onesies. These are going to go home with babies that otherwise would have gone home wrapped in a hospital issue towel. Many babies and their families will be warmed by these gifts. Thank you so much for the initial response - and thank you in advance for any additional blankets you send. I promise to get these posted as soon as possible after they are received.

Please pass my prayers on to Amber. I hope everything goes well for her (and the new baby).

:hug I will tell her in our next phone conversation tracyleigh -

She is pretty sure she received yours, but with all that's going on with her, she couldn't tell me for sure. We will talk again in a few days, and hope to have a definite for you then.

Thank you again for your kind heart and generosity :manyheart

I don't know why I didn't look at this thread before now, since anything with baby in it I usually read, but I did miss it. My husband and I watched the Big Give and when Denver hospital was on my husband looked at me and said you could send some of your things. I just didn't know how to go about it. I love making baby things! Can we send more than just blankets to make them feel special?

My daughter has had a drug problem and so her two youngest children were born positive for crack cocaine. We, my husband and myself, swaddled them when they were fussy and my grandson had tremors as well. Blankets were a God send during those first few months. I was so pleased to know that someone is helping these little ones.

Denise

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, not having internet sucks. :lol My husband brought home his laptop and we were able to pirate a good enough connection for me to post! Yahoo!

I'm so sorry for not updating sooner--thank you everyone for being so understanding! As Ingrid posted, our computer is fried--which doesn't matter as much as it usually might, since I just got diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and am not allowed to be up for more than two hours now. Luckily, we just had an ultrasound and found out that this baby is 100% perfectly OK. We also found out that she's a girl! Yay! Now we just have to make it through to the end of September/start of October and she'll be here and we can stop worrying.

Anyway--Tracy, I DID get your box--thank you so much! Gorgeous work! And Patty, I got yours too, thank you! It's beautiful!

I'm going to return PMs now, and then I've got to go get back in bed and put my feet back up. I'll try to check in once a week and update on progress! Thanks so much, everyone!

• 1 month later...

I just received 3 of the most beautiful baby blankets from Miss Crochet today - I'll post photo's tomorrow - but wanted to get this thread back to the first page and thank Olivia publicly for her donation.

Here are the photo's of Olivia's blankets. They do not do justice to her tiny, perfect stitches, or the softness of the cotton yarn (Ireland must have yummy yarn!!!), but trust me, these are georgeous!!

RedWhiteBlue.jpg

WhiteBlanket.jpg

MultiBlanket.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I would like to send some inexpensive blankets for your project. Every baby should have something cut to go home in:)

Please send me you address

Linda Kulas

• 1 month later...

I hope things are going okay for you all. Are you still collecting squares? I made some earlier in the summer and then never got around to getting an address to ship them to. Let me know if you are interested in them.

I hope things are going okay for you all. Are you still collecting squares? I made some earlier in the summer and then never got around to getting an address to ship them to. Let me know if you are interested in them.

Unfortunately, due to Amber's health and my schedule, we have had to suspend this project indefinitely. The squares and blankets already received have been delivered, but we are not able to continue with this at this time.

Thank you to everyone who assisted us this this - :hug

Archived