Blankets for Babies

TMKA

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got another blanket--from Lana! It's gorgeous!

I SWEAR I will get pictures posted soon--we got hit with a nasty upper respiratory bug last week, and I started a new job. Things have been hectic, to say the very least! I've got the pictures, I'll upload them tonight and get them posted.

Thanks again, everyone!

TMKA, just mailed a package of Broncos squares (and some other thingies) to you this afternoon. It was a stash-buster for me. I've had a skein of orange for ages and never knew what to do with it. LOL I'm working on baby blankets now.

Hope your family recovers from the nasty flu bug. All the best to you in your new job!

Ok yall, now we have tracy... she's gonna be mailing blankets and blankets and more blankets. She does not require any sleep or rest. She's like the duracell bunny... she keeps going, and going... :lol

Her work is great.

Beware though, she might wanna mail you a kitten or two, or a dog with the blankets :lol:D:P

Glad to have you here Tracy. :clap :clap :hug:manyheart

I went to Walmart this morning to check out what mill ends they had kicking around. Wow, I hit the mother load....I bought 7 or 8 bags of mill ends. Some baby colours, some not. I also wandered into the fabric section to check out what fleece/flannel they had and I found the clearance section. I bought a piece of flannel .4m x 1.12m of flannel for $1. Woohoo. I bought fleece .65m x1.5m for $4.50, I also got fleece .67m x 1.5m for $3.50. The flannel piece may make 2 small preemie blankies. The first fleece will make 2 half decent sized baby blankies. The second fleece is black...so I will use that for the Aprill Charity Blitz snuggles for Spot's blanket.

I will take pics and post them in a minute or so.

I also bought 4 of the under the bed/couch storage containers. I think what it says on it is "sweater container"...:lol Yeah right. I can fit 4 of them under my couch. How great is that????

Oh my gosh, you guys are too much. :manyheart

Sadly, I am still sick, althugh I feel a little better today. My poor little bug is still not better, though, and she's like her Daddy...demanding when she feels bad! :lol

We'll mend, though!

I'm excited for more Broncos squares! :cheer Woohoo! I've got to stock up on blue yarn to join them all! :clap

I can't wait to see what you come up with, Tracy! :hook

TMKA - you don't have to worry about the dark blue - I've already stocked up! I've also picked up some more white - just in case.

I also bought 4 of the under the bed/couch storage containers. I think what it says on it is "sweater container"...:lol Yeah right. I can fit 4 of them under my couch. How great is that????

Oh man. There'll be no more room for the kitties. :rofl

TMKA - you don't have to worry about the dark blue - I've already stocked up! I've also picked up some more white - just in case.

My hero! Thank you!

I should post this here in the thread--I've been lax about giving credit and I apologize, Ingrid!

Everyone, Ingrid has graciously volunteered to help me out with this project. She's even offered to join granny squares for me! :cheer It'll help tremendously to have someone coordinating this effort alongside me.

(That is, if I ever get well enough to be seen in public again. Oy.)

whoo-hoo! I have my first ever baby afghan done! However, I am concerned about the size of it. It measures in its relaxed state 20" x 24" which looks too small (in my opinion), but perhaps it'll be suitable for a preemie. Is this acceptable?

What's a good size for a 6 pound to 8 pound baby?

whoo-hoo! I have my first ever baby afghan done! However, I am concerned about the size of it. It measures in its relaxed state 20" x 24" which looks too small (in my opinion), but perhaps it'll be suitable for a preemie. Is this acceptable?

What's a good size for a 6 pound to 8 pound baby?

That is small, but they do deal with preemies and smaller babies. AND, crochet tends to be stretchy, which makes it AWESOME for a swaddling blanket. :) I'm happy to take it! I know they'll find a place/need for it, for sure.

A friend of mine is doing a bunch of squares of fleece that are 22 X 35--or you could do 25 X 30 if you don't have fabric conservation to worry about. :lol

I just saw this post for the first time and I would like to help! However, I don't know any patterns for baby blankets :( Does anyone know one that is at a begginer level that works up fast? This works out so well because I just bought a pound of baby yarn mill ends for no reason whatsoever!

Oh man. There'll be no more room for the kitties. :rofl

Funny you should say that. The baby, Teddy, went to run under the couch when the dogs came in and....let's just say...his brakes work. :lol

Here is what I have so far. Hope to get to edging flannel and fleece today. It is supposed to be nice today and we have a lot of outside work to get done this weekend.

th_Blanketsforbabies004.jpg

th_Blanketsforbabies003.jpg

th_Blanketsforbabies002-1.jpg

th_Blanketsforbabies001-1.jpg

Hi Amber, I hope you are feeling better. I was wondering if you received the two blankets I sent. They were mailed on 3/29/07 and I thought they would be there by now. Hope they didn't get lost.:eek

I just saw this post for the first time and I would like to help! However, I don't know any patterns for baby blankets :( Does anyone know one that is at a begginer level that works up fast? This works out so well because I just bought a pound of baby yarn mill ends for no reason whatsoever!

:cheer:clap:c9 Thank you!

Here's a whole bunch of baby blanket patterns:

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/baby_afghans.php

And really, anything you come up with will be awesome! Even if you just did a square of DC that was about the right size, it would be PERFECT!

Hi Amber, I hope you are feeling better. I was wondering if you received the two blankets I sent. They were mailed on 3/29/07 and I thought they would be there by now. Hope they didn't get lost.:eek

I don't have them yet! I'm sure they'll be in the mail when I check it tomorrow. :hug I'll let you know the minute I get them!

Lana--I got your package! Woohoo, more Bronco squares! :cheer Thanks for sending some hats, too! :hug

Archived