Blankets for Babies

TMKA

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! Tracyleigh - you have been busy!! Thank you so much, on behalf of the babies who would otherwise be going home in a towel! You are toooo much - thank you -

Amber has been having a problem with her internet connection - the supplier has gone wonky, so I'll try to keep up here.

Scoobydoo81 - I finished two blankets from your squares, I am doing two rounds of dark blue on each, so only need 9 squares per blanket. That means your squares will make 4-1/2 blankets!! I was all set to take pictures this evening, but the battery in the camera is dead!!! DH thinks these are perfect for a Denver baby and that these will make some newborn baby's daddy very happy too. As soon as I get a battery, sometime in the next week or so I'll post pictures. I promise they will be up soon.

Wicket23 - That is adorable! I love the subtle pattern of the white centers - It will be treasured, I'm sure. Thank you! No need to rush on the shipment, next hospital run won't be till the end of May.

Ok so it took me forever and it was a great "learning experience" but I finally finished a baby-ish blanket! :clapYeah me:cheerI sure hope its useful, hopefully I will get it mailed tomorrow but no promises...

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg3/princess_aurora23/100_1095.jpg

I think you have done a fine job:), I like the colors.

Patty

crocus58 and TMKA, due to health reasons, I am gonna have to limit my charity work to 2 ongoing charities and of course my local one which is snuggles for the humane society.

I will keep plugging along with you guys. I have 2 blankets and about 12 squares.

I am gonna work some more and mail them to you guys mid May. Please let me know when you next trip to the hospital is.

thank you.

Rose, thank you so much for keeping us as one of your charities. That really warms my heart :manyheart. Anything you are able to send is greatly appreciated! :hug

:cheer:clap:c9 My heavens Tracy, you are putting me to shame! I've only managed to finish 7 myself! But thank you so much - there are going to be a lot of warm Denver babies thanks to you :manyheart

WOW! Tracyleigh - you have been busy!! Thank you so much, on behalf of the babies who would otherwise be going home in a towel! You are toooo much - thank you -

Amber has been having a problem with her internet connection - the supplier has gone wonky, so I'll try to keep up here.

Scoobydoo81 - I finished two blankets from your squares, I am doing two rounds of dark blue on each, so only need 9 squares per blanket. That means your squares will make 4-1/2 blankets!! I was all set to take pictures this evening, but the battery in the camera is dead!!! DH thinks these are perfect for a Denver baby and that these will make some newborn baby's daddy very happy too. As soon as I get a battery, sometime in the next week or so I'll post pictures. I promise they will be up soon.

:eek WOW!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize those squares would make that many blankets. :cheer:cheer:cheer:clap That really puts a smile on my face that you took them on and managed to make something extremely useful out of them. :ty:flower You are an :angel:hug

Okay, all 10 baby sets (blankets and hats) are now in the mail and on their way to some deserving babies. Oh BTW, I just received another shipment of fleece squares so be warned...there will be more.

Ok, I finally got batteries for my digital - Here are the blankets I've made from Scooby's squares:

I made one like this:

BlanketsforBabies02A.jpg

and added 5 of my own squares to make 4 like this:

BlanketsforBabies1A.jpg

I also received these 7 squares from Amber, but do not know who they are from. I will make some white and blue squares for another couple of blankets. If these are your squares - let me know so I can properly thank you!

BlanketsforBabiesSquares.jpg

Ok, I finally got batteries for my digital - Here are the blankets I've made from Scooby's squares:

I made one like this:

BlanketsforBabies02A.jpg

and added 5 of my own squares to make 4 like this:

BlanketsforBabies1A.jpg

I also received these 7 squares from Amber, but do not know who they are from. I will make some white and blue squares for another couple of blankets. If these are your squares - let me know so I can properly thank you!

BlanketsforBabiesSquares.jpg

:cheer:cheer:cheer:clap:clap OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are really nice!!!!!!!! You did an excellent job!!!!!!!! I am so excited to see these!!!!!! Thank you soooooooo much for sharing!!!!!!:day:ty You just don't know how thrilled I am to see your hard work in making those squares work in to a very nice blanket. :hug:hug:hug

Crocus58, I crocheted those mystery squares. I sent them to Amber before you joined her. Hope you can use them for a baby blanket.

TeaLady - I'm looking forward to using these - they will be part of at least 2 blankets. I'll get started on them this weekend and post when they are done. Thank you so much for sending them.

I sent a baby blanket a few weeks ago....varigated baby print. I hope it made it safely.

I sent a baby blanket a few weeks ago....varigated baby print. I hope it made it safely.

I'll call Amber tomorrow and make sure - she's still having internet problems.

Archived