Blankets for Babies

TMKA

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the first plague has left our house....just in time for me to catch another. And I'm pregnant, so I can't take anything. What I would give for the sweet, sweet relief of NyQuil. :(

I feel so lousy, I would have to feel better in order to die. I made it to church today because our Pastor announced my blanket gathering efforts to the congregation, and I've already got a pile of fabric to turn into quilts, and three crocheters helping me out! Yay!

Hey, guys! If any of you are sending squares from here on out, could you go ahead and send them to Ingrid (Crocus58)? If you shoot her a quick PM, she'll send you her address.

Thank you so much!

I am glad you are better? going thru here now :lol my son is just getting over it, so is my pregnant daughter, like you she cannot take anything. My other daughter who has a 18 mo old boy is feeling miserable today. :(

I am like back and forth.

So squares to crocus58. Blankets and hats to you?

I am so excited about this project. :cheer :cheer :cheer

Yes - Squares to me - pm me and I'll give you my address. (I like joining squares and can't sew - I know, I'm odd - lol!)

I'm in the Denver area too - so we are working on this together (two heads and all that).

Here they are so far.

th_005-1.jpg

th_004-1.jpg

th_003.jpg

th_002.jpg

th_001.jpg

The Winnie the Pooh one is just so cute....LOL I edged it with the Bernat Soy colour Seasalt which is a really light blue. I think I will do another one in the Bernat Soy colour Sugar Cane which is a really light pink. The soy is so nice to work with and it's really, really, really soft.

Oh my heck, Tracy! Those are fantastic! I'm floored!

PAT! I got your box yesterday--oh my goodness! Thank you so much! My daughter is in love with the pink blanket...even though she knows it's going to another baby. She keeps saying "That's one lucky, lucky baby!" :lol The yellow one is gorgeous, too! (And you have seriously beautiful handwriting, too. :lol )

Lynn/monchichi-bright--I got your package, too! Thank you so much! The squares are beautiful and I LOVE the needle threader you sent me! :hug You didn't have to do that, but I LOVE it! Pink is my favorite color!

I swear, every time I check my mail, I've got something new and gorgeous to send on to these new families....I tear up every time! :manyheart Thank you so much, everyone!

do you have a name for this hun? You should give your quest a name. That would be really cool! Hang in there angel. I just started on a blanket, hopefully I will have it out (or 2) before the end of this month!!

Yes, I will keep you in mind for this. Anything for those angels from heaven!!!!

I've just been calling it "Blankets for Babies", Linda. :lol I don't have any better ideas! If someone's got a creative thought for what I could call this endeavor, I'm all over it!

I got some more blankets in the mail yesterday! I got a huge box just FULL of amazing things (hats, onesies, an adorable romper, about four blankets!) from Denise/tutu0f3--thank you so much! And I got a beautiful pink blanket from DebbyQ (is that knit? It's beautiful!) on Friday. Shelley from Share-a-Square sent me a blanket and some yarn, too.

I'm getting quite the pile here! Ingrid, when we meet on Tuesday, I think we're going to need to plan on taking our first load over...I'm running out of room to store them! :lol

Tomorrow night I'm getting together with some women from church and we're going to see what we can get done. I've got a personal goal of 22 total for this first load--I think we're getting close!

Amber

I found a pattern for a Hooded Baby Blanket on the Lion Brand Site and wonder if that would be ok. I have one done now but can't ship till we get home.:( There isn't enough room at most Post Offices for a Semi with trailer. :( We may get in but not back out.:eek

Patty

truckin Patty - That blanket would be just wonderful. I've made several of that one for my own grandbabies, and I'm making a few for this endeavor as well!

In your first post you said you were making flannel blankies with bias tape. I have a bunch of flannel stashed in storage, but I can't sew. If you can use it let me know and I'll send it to you.

ABSOLUTELY. I have a huge pile of flannel I just cut into big squares at church tonight--I'd be more than happy to take what you've got and add it to my sewing pile! Thank you so much! I'll PM you my address right now. :hug

Patty--I agree with Ingrid! :lol That sounds wonderful!

Tracy--Oh my heck! Those are SO adorable! Thank you!

I just got back from a crafting night with a few other ladies from my chuch. The turnout was somewhat disappointing, but we got a TON of work done. With the 10 I've got here now, we have enough fabric cut and pinned for 25 more blankets! I'll be able to take in at least 35 blankets by the end of the month--more if I get more pacakges from y'all!

That's just incredible. I never even imagined I'd hit my goal of 22--I hoped, but...wow! I'm just thrilled!

:lol Uh, Tracy, no explanations are really necessary. You've done more work for this project than *I* have. :lol If you want to stop now, heck, I'm still thrilled! I'm really touched by the effort you--and everyone else!--has put out for this. It really makes me happy. :)

Amber and I just met and went over our plan for this on-going project. We are going to get together once a month, to exchange squares and finished blankets, next meeting May 27th. Amber will be delivering the blankets, since I work on the complete opposite end of town from the hospital and can't deliver them during normal business hours.

It was such fun to meet a fellow crochet lover, :hook I'm afraid I talked her ears off! :D She brought her adorable (really!) daughter, 4 I think, and she was so well behaved while we tried to figure out what we were doing!

Scoobydoo - Amber gave me your squares, really well done! :cheer I think that with an edge in dark blue (Denver Broncos) I can get at least 2 blankets out of them. Maybe 3 with a couple of my own squares added. I will start on them this weekend and post a picture for you as soon as I get one done.

Amber and I just met and went over our plan for this on-going project. We are going to get together once a month, to exchange squares and finished blankets, next meeting May 27th. Amber will be delivering the blankets, since I work on the complete opposite end of town from the hospital and can't deliver them during normal business hours.

It was such fun to meet a fellow crochet lover, :hook I'm afraid I talked her ears off! :D She brought her adorable (really!) daughter, 4 I think, and she was so well behaved while we tried to figure out what we were doing!

Scoobydoo - Amber gave me your squares, really well done! :cheer I think that with an edge in dark blue (Denver Broncos) I can get at least 2 blankets out of them. Maybe 3 with a couple of my own squares added. I will start on them this weekend and post a picture for you as soon as I get one done.

:cheerThank you so much!! I am glad that they can be used as I couldn't get them sewed together after I made them :lol :lol :lol. I have not mastered the art of joining yet. Thank you for joining them and putting them to good use for a good cause, and thank you in advance for posting me a picture, I am very curious to see how they will look.

Archived