Update: Professor Flitwick & Harry Potter dolls

Becks

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Becks...what a wonderfully creative set of projects! WOW. I was blown away (and coveting...very coveting). Ok..but do let me in on one secret. Do you have a standard doll pattern that you are using? Do you plan to go on and do some of the other interesting characters such as the 3 headed dog, a Weasley..etc...etc.? I suppose you have a couple of books left to do them in, but still!?

I too am a Harry Potter fan, but as I can't read books very well, I'll be listening to an audio CD. During which, I get to cut the rest of the charms for my charm quilt (and endless task, but made much nicer...this will be the Harry Potter charm quilt all of the charms were cut out while listening to audio CDs).

Thanks for sharing. I love them!

Stephanie

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I've made the Professor Flitwick doll too. :)

(My sister is my taskmaster.) :lol

I have pictures in the first post in this thread on him so please go back to that so you can see it. (I mean him. :lol )

I also have questions about the castle I'm making and if you have any suggestions that would really be appreciated! :ty

I agree with Terri - you rock, Becks! I love Harry Potter (and Alan Rickman), and I cried like a baby after I finished the book. Are you going to make Ron and Hermione, too?

Hey Beck, Flitwick is perfect. You have done such a great job. I also hope we see a Ron & Hermione in our future.

I must confess I too Really cried at the end of the book. I already knew who was going to die, so the saddest part for me was when Harry broke up with Ginny. You know, the movie for book 4 comes out Nov. 18th. Can't wait.

Ok, now back to the castle. You know what I think might work really well? Plastic canvas. I use that in the bottom of my bags, in between layers of my billfolds & anything else I need sturdy. I know the castle needs to be fairly large, but you could actually whip the crochet to the plastic canvas with quilting thread & needle. After all, with the work you have put into this project, you want it to be stable & last!!!!

Hope that helps! Good luck & again, great job.:manyheart

Wow !! Amazing !! I hope I can do so well after some time. I just had to stop and show my daughter your fabulous works. She of course wants some, but it will be some time before I can do such great work as you have.

• 7 months later...

I wanted you all to know I've made the Voldemort doll and I've posted him in my blog along with all the dolls together. There are just soooo many pictures I didn't want to have to post them all here. Feel free to have a look. And, as always, I love to hear feedback from you guys! You are my lifeline!

http://peskypixie.blogspot.com/

There are also pictures of the castle in there somewhere. I'm almost through with that and will get pictures of it and the whole gang out as soon as I'm through.

Wow, your cast is just about complete! They are all so incredible, Becks - you've really put a lot of work into them and they are a near-perfect fit to the characters they represent. I'm in awe of your talent and perseverance - and impatiently waiting to see that castle done! :D

Oh - and I agree with your sentiment about Snape's loyalty to you-know-who!

Great job and thanks for the update. This has been a fascinating process to watch develop! :hook

I wanted you all to know I've made the Voldemort doll and I've posted him in my blog along with all the dolls together. There are just soooo many pictures I didn't want to have to post them all here. Feel free to have a look. And, as always, I love to hear feedback from you guys! You are my lifeline!

http://peskypixie.blogspot.com/

There are also pictures of the castle in there somewhere. I'm almost through with that and will get pictures of it and the whole gang out as soon as I'm through.

Oh my goodness! I just visited your web site, and you are truly incredible. I am in awe of your creativity and talent. :nworthy

I'm a huge HP fan, and your work is ALL incredible! I honestly have to say, though, I wish you would stop saying ::whispering:: You-Know-Who's name so freely. It makes me nervous. :scared

Can't wait to see the whole castle and characters completed!

Maribel

Maribel said,

I'm a huge HP fan, and your work is ALL incredible! I honestly have to say, though, I wish you would stop saying ::whispering:: You-Know-Who's name so freely. It makes me nervous. :scared

:laughroll:rofl:laughroll:rofl

Thank you to all your kind comments everyone.

I really wish my camera could have taken a picture of , um, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named :) in the dark so you could see how cool he looks glowing and everything. I used the small snake eyes, (really cats eyes), for his eyes and my hubby thinks he is too scary. Especially in the dark when they are just black eye spaces surrounded by his glowing head and body.

After seeing all of this, I...I think...that I may love you. :lol These are the most awesome of all of the awesomey things in awesome-ville. You are amazing! I want them! I want them! (whines and kicks and screams like Dudley when he doesn't get his way)

Archived