Update: Professor Flitwick & Harry Potter dolls

Becks

Being kind of a newbie here, did you do that from a pattern, or design them yourself? Those are absolutely wonderful!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
did you do that from a pattern, or design them yourself?

Hi Suzee! These are not from a pattern. I just made them up myself.

I'm bumping this to the top because I finally finished Hagrid. He took longer but I think it was worth it.

It's on the first post. :)

Wow Becks - What talent! Your dolls are just wonderful!! What a great was to pass the time until July 16! Are you planning to write out the patterns to share?? All your characters are just too cool!:clap

OMG! Those are absolutely WONDERFUL!!! You did an outstanding job!

I about pissed myself over Snape's bunny slippers!

You do these so fast, Becks! I'm amazed at your speed with them. I absolutely love Hagrid!! He's my fav so far!!! Excellent job on them all.

Omigawd! Your dolls are awesome! You should see to it that the publisher and JKRowling gets copies of your pictures. Who knows. Worst comes to worst, you might get a free book out of it. At best, you could sell the rights to the patterns and become to rich and fancy schmancy to play with us. :lol

In the beginning of the last movie "Prisoner of whatever".....did you see the book monster that Harry struggles with? You should make that, too!

Your friends are absolutely awesome. You really do need to write up your patterns and create a book. I would FOR SURE buy one! I can not pick a favorite, but I must say I am partial to Hagrid.

Again, great JOB!

Jessie :turtle:hook

Hi Jessie! wave2.gif

The problem is Warner Brothers and JK Rowling would never give permission to use their copyrighted names. And the dolls may resemble the characters so much that, if patterns were made, (and certainly if they were sold), that that may also be copyright infringement or whatever.

I can see, just doing the Dumbledore, say, and calling it a 'wizard doll' and that may be ok. But, if all of them were done, especially being grouped together, I still think there would be problems. Even without the names. Just simply by association or whatever.

I really don't know too much about all that anyway as you can tell. dunno.gif:lol

Anyway, I made a traditional witch hat for McGonnagal and a large cauldron for Hagrid to hatch Norbert in! I found the free patterns here http://www.sarahanns.com/crochetworks/witch.html

The cauldron is really neat as you can use it to put treats in for a Halloween party! Hmmm,....I may have to make a smaller one for Snape to use in Potions class. :lol :lol (Oh dear. I really need help! :ohdear ). :P:lol:)

Somehow I missed this thread until the other night - OMG! You have done a FABULOUS job with these! :cheer I sent the link to my daughter, who is an HP fan, and she too was highly impressed with them. I :manyheart the attention to detail you've put into these little things - I had totally forgotten about Dumbledore's socks, lol! And Snape... All I can say is WOW! :c9 Can hardly wait to see Harry! :yay

I do agree with you about not being able to take this further, though, it's a shame. However, I have no doubt you could sell your idea to one of those pattern book companies - they have copyrighted characters in pattern all the time, so I'd imagine they would be able to go through the right channels to secure the proper permissions - maybe not right away, but down the line. I think you should create the patterns and save them, and give that a try. You have a potential little gold mine here! You'll never know unless you try, right? :hug

Archived