Update: Professor Flitwick & Harry Potter dolls

Becks

Hey guys:bounce

I'm bringing this to the top to show you my finished Harry doll. (Please see the first post. I updated it there).

(Don't worry, I won't be making any more. I'll be reading the next book! :book ) LOL!!!!:lol

I hope you like Harry too. It was the most dificult one for me.

I had a hard time making an expression on his face that would suit him.

And those glasses! (Please, all you Dan Radcliff fans out there, don't :lookout me!) :lol I had to accentuate or exaggerate his noticeable attributes.

Anyway, there you are. Harry Potter.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really cute :cheer I really like them all alot !! I don't get to read the book til hubby finishes it since his birthday is this weekend & he'll be flying he needs it more than me, but he better read fast or else:box

I love him so! (I love Milhouse too.) He is perfect and wonderful. I made a Ron Weasley doll but he is a rag doll, not crocheted, and he doesn't have nearly as many accessories. What great dolls you've made! I'd just stay awake staring at them if I made anything so cool.

Becks! I guess this means that you are a Harry Potter fan.:lol

Great job on all those dolls. I think you were given some great advice though on the copyright thing. Maybe you should send the author a picture of the dolls.

Who knows what could happen then. She may decide to use your designs and market them and then just think of all those royalities for years and years to come.... stranger things have happened. :think

wow that is amazing, what a GREAT job!!

my hubby and I are going to a launch party on friday night, I can't wait! :D

I told him that on saturday he has to go find something to do all by himself, because I will be with my nose in a book :)

The problem is Warner Brothers and JK Rowling would never give permission to use their copyrighted names. And the dolls may resemble the characters so much that, if patterns were made, (and certainly if they were sold), that that may also be copyright infringement or whatever.

....but certainly you could "give" them away if all of us fans were to send bribes, I mean gifts, right?

Becks! I guess this means that you are a Harry Potter fan.:lol

Great job on all those dolls. I think you were given some great advice though on the copyright thing. Maybe you should send the author a picture of the dolls.

Who knows what could happen then. She may decide to use your designs and market them and then just think of all those royalities for years and years to come.... stranger things have happened. :think

I love those dolls!!!

I doubt you'd manage to make money, sadly. The reason Rowan stopped selling the Harry Potter sweater patterns is that the royalty fees were too high. (And there's a limit to how much people will pay for patterns... so I'm guessing the royalty fee will be higher than the threshhold for pattern charges.)

Oh My, you have done such a great job. Harry is perfect! Are you going to be at the bookstore @ midnight on friday? I will be at our local Barnes & Nobles (I go there every time a new Harry Potter book comes out) Can't wait. Just a side note, my daughter (16) says she would be happy if you made a Ron doll!!!:lol

I don't follow the Harry Potter series, but the dolls are really cute. You have gone to a lot of work making them so detailed. :clap

I think someone is in need of a HP RAOK!

I think someone is in need of a HP RAOK!

LOL, I will pass, but thanks. I know I must be the only person on the planet that doesn't follow this phenomenon...my kids and stepkids do, and even my hubby saw the movies.

Archived