March Charity Square-A-Long (March 14-17)

LavenderBear

WTG everyone who has gotten started! :yay

For those of you making "cancer squares," tell us more! I might be interested in making a few if I knew what colors and sizes! ;)

Let's keep going!! :cheer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheryl,

Ok, I am going to do that! We have quite a few people in both me and hubby's families that have and/or have colon cancer, so I believe I will make squares for that! Thanks for letting me know! Going to sign up now! :hook

**I signed up to make those colors (colon cancer - blue and brown) and also the peach squares in memory of my MIL who passed away from uterine cancer before my honey and I met and married!

Cheryl,

Ok, I am going to do that! We have quite a few people in both me and hubby's families that have and/or have colon cancer, so I believe I will make squares for that! Thanks for letting me know! Going to sign up now! :hook

**I signed up to make those colors (colon cancer - blue and brown) and also the peach squares in memory of my MIL who passed away from uterine cancer before my honey and I met and married!

I'm really glad you've joined us. It seems that all of us are affected by this disease. I really wish they'd find a cure in my lifetime. I know that Daisy and Angelfire appreciate your help, as do we all. :hug:hug

Well, I have only gotten TWO squares done today between church, going to a 2 hour union meeting (my hubby's on strike - week number 3), and getting some rooms moved around between yesterday and today (not quite done yet, but making progress). Anyway, I should be able to get more squares done tomorrow, but I won't be posting my total until Tuesday!

Keep up the GREAT work!! :manyheart

Hello! This is our LAST day for this round! I see some of you have posted to let us know how you're doing . . . GREAT! These posts help root me and others one to keep on making those charity squares! :cheer:clap:cheer

Today I will be working on the Cancer squares 100%! I have my navy blue and peach yarn, hook, and scissors packed in my bag to go! I may not be able to get online tonight to post my daily and grand total, but I will be back on here tomorrow for sure! :yay

Don't forget to POST YOUR GRAND TOTAL ASAP, after this round is over, of course!! Thanks! :hug

I made several squares yesterday and plan on making more today. I have made squares for Hooking for a cure,the Prayer Afghan Ministry, and squares for a comfortghans and lapghans. I am not exactly sure how many I have made, but I will come back and give my final count.:hug:manyheart

Keep up the good work :cheer:clap.

Hello! I haven't checked yet to see if everyone has posted their Grand Totals as I just got home from an overnight stay away! :D

My Grand Total for this round is 20 squares; 16 cure for the cancer squares and 4 others. I will be continuing to make the first ones throughout the month and them sending them to Daisy (she's SUCH a sweet woman that I met in person about two years ago)! :clap

If you haven't posted your Grand Total, please do so today so we can see OUR GROUP GRAND TOTAL ASAP! Thanks! May all of our charities be blessed richly with our squares! :manyheart

Okay, we have 8 who have posted their totals and 7 who have not. If you are one of the ones who hasn't, please let us know your total ASAP

THANKS! :hook

Archived