Comfortghan for male teen

Croshay

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sent you squares a while ago and told you i'd have more for you. I wil be putting them in the mail for you in a few days. How many more do you need? If you need more than i have ready I'll make a few more. Don't want you to end up with the last strip only having 7 squares. Lol. I guess if you get to many thought you could always make a pillow to go with it or a scarf. I should have them in the mail no later than friday.

I love coming here and reading how your son keeps taking off with his ghan.

Best wishes,

Heather

Heather, I could swear I answered this question the other day, but now I don't see it. :think I'll try again. :lol (Maybe I sent you a PM?) :think

We've got 72 squares, so I'm going to make his ghan 8x9 and then take it from there. If I end up getting more squares before I get it all together, I'll make more as needed to make it wider or longer. He actually said he'd like for it to be longer, so I'll see.... :hook

:ty and :hug

wow, looking good.

Trying to see if any of my squares are in that half but I really can't tell.

Julee, I remember you sent a bunch of camo ones...and I'm sorry I can't remember what else besides the "extras" :lol I can't honestly tell you if any of your camo ones are in there yet or not. We got a bunch of camo ones, so I just put them all together. :lol

Wow that's fantastic!!! It realy looks good. No wonder he keeps taking off with it! lol. Wanted to let you know i put 4 more squares in the mail today. I was sealing it as the mail lady walked up to my house.lol

I hope your son will like this package...they are all camo.

I'm keeping you all close in my thoughts

If you do need more please let me know. Don't be afraid to pm me and just say "hay, heather, i need more." I'd be happy to send them. After all we don't want his feet to hang out....

Wow that's fantastic!!! It realy looks good. No wonder he keeps taking off with it! lol. Wanted to let you know i put 4 more squares in the mail today. I was sealing it as the mail lady walked up to my house.lol

If you do need more please let me know. Don't be afraid to pm me and just say "hay, heather, i need more." I'd be happy to send them. After all we don't want his feet to hang out....

Heather, :ty for sending more squares for my son! You gals are just too much! :ghug

I've got 72 now, so that's exactly 8x9....so if you just sent 4 more, I'll probably make 4 more in solid colors so I can make the comfortghan 8x10. He said he wants it longer, so that should be just right! :yes

wow that is looking great no wonder he is running with it:)

who did the squares with the smiley faces those are cute I would like to have that pattern :)

hugs,

sissie

I'm glad you like them. The Smillie square is my own original design and I'm not giving it out at this time. My family/friends think I should make a book of my designs for sale. I'm not sure how to do this, but when I figure it out, I'll let everyone in Crochetville know. Nothing personal and I hope you're not offended, but that's how it is right now.

Ellie 13

Heather, THANKS so much for 4 more fantastic camo squares! My son :heart's them of course! Also, THANKS for the beautiful butterfly you included for me. I love the bright colors, and this is going to sit on my desk at work to brighten my days and even brighten my office. :lol I love how you did the little antennas...too cute! :cheer

I am glad your son likes the squares and you your butterfly. I know personaly when some one you love hurts, you hurt too, moms i think more than any one. I hope the butterfly and the angels bring you comfort and happyness in knowing that you are cared about and thought of as well....

I am glad your son likes the squares and you your butterfly. I know personaly when some one you love hurts, you hurt too, moms i think more than any one. I hope the butterfly and the angels bring you comfort and happyness in knowing that you are cared about and thought of as well....

You're so right. As a mom, we don't want our kids to hurt, and if they do hurt, we want to be able to take it away. It's tough when they have such deep hurts that you can't do anything about it....except wrap them in cozy, beautiful comfortghans.... :hook

• 2 weeks later...
Lisa, I just put two squares in the mail today. Hope he likes them.

Pat, perfect timing. I had put the comfortghan on the back burner with everything I've had going on, but I'm getting back on it today. I'll let you know when your squares arrive.

:ty

• 4 weeks later...
how's your sons afghan coming along Croshay and how is your son doing?

Thanks so much for thinking of us. :hug My son is still having a hard time - but still having good days & bad days. I think it's going to be a long journey, but I'm holding onto the Lord to pull us all through this.

As far as the comfortghan, I just have one more strip of 10 squares to attach & then I'll do a couple rounds of sc's around the whole thing and it'll be done. It's been big enough for him to use for awhile, so I haven't been in a big rush to get it 100% done. :blush

It ended up being 8 x 10 and I have a few squares left over! :jumpyay

I'll post a photo :photo when it's all done.

That's going to be one big afghan!! I know your son will love it!!

Well, I've been praying for you and your son. We've been having some problems in our family too, not exactly the same, but still tough (my 16 sister running away to meet a 19 year old she says she loves), so I know how it can be. But God will pull you through it though!! God bless!!

Julee

Well here it is, at last...my son's completed comfortghan. It ended up being 8 squares wide by 10 squares long (about 4 1/2 feet by almost 6 feet).

:ty again from the bottom of my :heart for all the love and support you showed and sent!

IMG_0958.jpg

Archived