Comfortghan for male teen

Croshay

This weekend I was able to put the black edging on about 40 squares, and I joined 12 of them. :yay At the end of this, either my son will have an awesome comfortghan, or I'll be blind from working with this black yarn. :tired

I'll post a picture when I get more of the work done. Can't wait for you all to see your efforts coming together. And my son :heart :heart :heart's it!

Lord I so know what you mean about working with black yarn!! :))) I did get more camo squares in the mail finally yesterday! I think it was 4 can't remember now:blush

hugs,

sissie

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh, I'm so glad you got the package and that you are your son liked everything. Can't wait to see the pic of the ghan when it's done.

Uh oh...so now the pressure's on :scared for me to learn how to get the pictures from my camera onto the computer. :haha

I'll include a square or two in my next prayer afghan package to you. I'm glad to hear your son is excited about the afghan. I have a 13 year old boy too - I'm praying for you and for your son.

Sharon, :ty for the squares and especially the prayers. I've gone up to check on my son twice recently & found him with his feet sticking out the end of his fleece blanket, so I've gotta get this thing together FAST!

What kind of crocheter has kids with cold feet sticking out? :rofl

Lord I so know what you mean about working with black yarn!! :))) I did get more camo squares in the mail finally yesterday! I think it was 4 can't remember now:blush

hugs,

sissie

Thanks, Sissie...and I'll let you know when they arrive! :hug

You've got six more squares coming....3 navy, 3 burgundy. My husband is mailing the package for me Thursday noontime. From what I've read so far this afghan is going to be awesome! :cheer

:yay Thanks, Gleda! I'll let you know when they arrive! :yay

Are you still in need of some squares? I have some dark camo if you need any more. Just pm me if you would like more.

YarnFeather, actually, I think we're fine on squares now. We had received 50+ as of last weekend, and we've gotten 11 this week and a few others are on the way! This is going to be one FANTASTIC and HUGE afghan! :yay

:ty so much to everyone who has been so helpful & supportive! :hug

Uh oh...so now the pressure's on :scared for me to learn how to get the pictures from my camera onto the computer. :haha

No pressure. :D It took me forever to finally figure out how to post a pic. Thank you photobucket, that's all I've got to say.

Sharon, :ty for the squares and especially the prayers. I've gone up to check on my son twice recently & found him with his feet sticking out the end of his fleece blanket, so I've gotta get this thing together FAST!

What kind of crocheter has kids with cold feet sticking out? :rofl

LOL! You're so right! Better make it extra long because he's sure to grow!

hugs,

sissie

Sissie, :ty for 4 more camo squares! My son :heart's them!

ScoobyDoo, thank you so much for the 2 camo squares for my son's comfortghan AND for the lime green square for the Prayer Afghan Ministry! :hug

Also, thanks for the prayers...that's really what's getting us through the difficult times right now.

I appreciate your help with both causes!

:ty and :hug

ScoobyDoo, please do continue to pray for him. He had a relapse last weekend and had to go back to 1/2 days at the hospital this week. He's really having a very hard time with all he's been through.

:ty and :hug to all you wonderful folks for your support and prayers.

I've got 27 squares joined now (3 columns of 9), and my son seems to think that's enough for him to cover up with already. :haha He took off with it when I was working on it earlier, and he sat at the computer with it on his lap. Silly boy. He just :heart's his new afghan that all you wonderful folks have helped me to make for him.

:ty so much for giving my son something to brighten his day!

Hello Croshay! I gave you a couple of squares for the comfortghan and have 2 more (you said to not make many) and I wasn't able to deliver them to you because I was so very, very sick from Thursday until thru Sunday.....what a sick 4 days I had. :eek:

Anyway, I will try to get the squares to you asap. Maybe Tues or Wed after work? I called you today, couldn't get thru, and also send an e-mail, and didn't get a reply. :(

Hope to see you very, very, very, soon. Love. MOM xoxoxox

Hello to everyone else here!!

Hello Croshay! I gave you a couple of squares for the comfortghan and have 2 more (you said to not make many) and I wasn't able to deliver them to you because I was so very, very sick from Thursday until thru Sunday.....what a sick 4 days I had. :eek:

Anyway, I will try to get the squares to you asap. Maybe Tues or Wed after work? I called you today, couldn't get thru, and also send an e-mail, and didn't get a reply. :(

Hope to see you very, very, very, soon. Love. MOM xoxoxox

Hello to everyone else here!!

Hi there :waving RuthieCrochet :lol

Just get yourself to feeling better, and I'll get the squares from you when you're up to it & I have time! :juggle

:manyheart

That's so great that your son is enjoying it already!!! I'm continuing to pray for his complete healing. :hug

Thanks, Karen :hug I attached another strip last night so it's now 4 strips of 9 and just about the size of his body. He was trying to lay on his side so he could cover up with it last night. :lol I'm glad, too, that it's giving him something to :) about!

You've got six more squares coming....3 navy, 3 burgundy. My husband is mailing the package for me Thursday noontime. From what I've read so far this afghan is going to be awesome! :cheer

Gleda, thank you so much for the 3 navy and 3 burgundy squares you sent for my son's comfortghan! These are just perfect, and he said he :heart's the colors! :cheerAnd you're right, his afghan is going to be awesome! :cheer

:ty and :hug

I sent you squares a while ago and told you i'd have more for you. I wil be putting them in the mail for you in a few days. How many more do you need? If you need more than i have ready I'll make a few more. Don't want you to end up with the last strip only having 7 squares. Lol. I guess if you get to many thought you could always make a pillow to go with it or a scarf. I should have them in the mail no later than friday.

I love coming here and reading how your son keeps taking off with his ghan.

Best wishes,

Heather

Archived