Comfortghan for male teen

Croshay

I finally got 5 squares out in the mail today. I was going to send them monday but my kids got sick so i never got them out. How many more do we need? I'll send more. I have more camo, dark red, royal blue, black and dark purple. If he sees any patterns he likes a lot let me know.

Glad he is enjoying this you are both in my thoughts!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heather/Kirarose3, :ty for making those squares for my son! His favorite squares are the camo ones, so if you make more, you could use that color. :hook That would have been my least favorite color in the afghan, so that shows the difference between my taste and that of a 15-year old boy. :haha

He's had a couple bad days, so I'm going to try to get a lot of the edging done this weekend & start sewing his squares together. He's going on a weekend church retreat, so I hope to have part of it put together when he gets back on Sun.

He was really down last night & I got the squares out & laid them out on the floor & asked if he wanted to help arrange them for his afghan. He said he didn't (hubby said that's girl stuff, :haha) but he said he's surprised that so many people we don't even know have been so nice.

I almost forgot to tell you that there is a little something in the package for you too. I saw the little pattern and thought it might be just right. Hope it brightens you day. Tell your son we help because we truley care and want him to know it.

I almost forgot to tell you that there is a little something in the package for you too. I saw the little pattern and thought it might be just right. Hope it brightens you day. Tell your son we help because we truley care and want him to know it.

Heather/Kirarose3, :ty so much. You're so kind, and I really appreciate your help...and you even included a little something for little ol' me?! :jumpyay

I'll let you know when the package arrives. :mail

:ty and :hug

Croshay,

I hope so much that your son's spirits are a little brighter today. It breaks my heart when youngsters have to deal with these kinds of problems. He and you are in my thoughts and prayers. These are for him :hug:hug:hug

Croshay,

I hope so much that your son's spirits are a little brighter today. It breaks my heart when youngsters have to deal with these kinds of problems. He and you are in my thoughts and prayers. These are for him :hug:hug:hug

Cathy/Stitchgirl, :ty I'll tell him you sent some :hug for him. :yes

Just another big :ty to everyone who has been so helpful and supportive with this project to wrap my son in love and comfort!

He's having a very hard time now (possibly needing to go back to the hospital) and last night I noticed his feet sticking out the end of his fleece blanket that he usually sleeps with. :ha So I think this big warm & loving comfortghan is just what he needs!

I'll be edging squares as much as I can this weekend. I sure do appreciate your prayers and kindness.

:hug

I sent the squares today finally ;) I sent you 1 for each of my 3 teenagers :)

Chiscrochetcrazy/Alisha, :ty for your help. I can't express in words on here how much I appreciate everyone being so kind and helpful. You all have really touched my :heart.

Judianne, :ty for the 2 BEAUTIFUL dark green squares you made for my son. He opened the package this morning and thought the color was just great. These will be a great addition to his comfortghan.

Kirarose3, we received your package today. :mail

Thank you so much for the 5 TERRIFIC squares you sent for my son! (They got here FAST - in just 2 days!) My son was happy to open the package just now, and he said, "Oh good, another camo one!"

Also, thank for the beautiful little angels and handmard card that you included. That was so sweet and thoughtful of you. :c9

You gals really are coming through in kindness and support, and I appreciate it!

Hi Lisa,

I got your package out today so it should be there by middle of next week hopefully.

I hope it's ok. I only had enough time to make 7 squares; Mostly camoflage ones. A few darker green ones and also a few extras!!

Julee

Hi Lisa,

I got your package out today so it should be there by middle of next week hopefully.

I hope it's ok. I only had enough time to make 7 squares; Mostly camoflage ones. A few darker green ones and also a few extras!!

Julee

Julee, :ty for helping with my son's comfortghan...and WOW...you said you "only" made 7 squares. I appreciate ANY squares you could have made to help encourage my son through this hard time. I'll let you know when the squares arrive.

You gals here on the 'Ville are the best!

This weekend I was able to put the black edging on about 40 squares, and I joined 12 of them. :yay At the end of this, either my son will have an awesome comfortghan, or I'll be blind from working with this black yarn. :tired

I'll post a picture when I get more of the work done. Can't wait for you all to see your efforts coming together. And my son :heart :heart :heart's it!

Ok, I'm a little excited. I got a tracking number from the usps for the package and tracked it tonight and it said it made it earlier this after noon. YAY!! I thought it'd take a couple more days but it didn't.

I'm glad your son likes the squares everyone's sending. Is he helping figure out what order they should go in? It's good for him to have something positive in his life right now. When you get it all done, post pictures. :hug, prayers and blessings to you both.

Ellie 13

Ok, I'm a little excited. I got a tracking number from the usps for the package and tracked it tonight and it said it made it earlier this after noon. YAY!! I thought it'd take a couple more days but it didn't.

CroJulee, :ty so much for the AWESOME box full of goodies! My son :heart :heart :heart's the 5 more camo squares and camo bandanna! :yay He said he was going to put it on his jeans and I didn't ask for details because they think I'm over the hill when I don't understand what they're talking about. :haha

Also, :ty for the "sunshine" which you included for me! I have never done the afghan stitch, so this afghan stitch dishcloth in shades of yellow really did bring some sunshine to my day. :yes And you didn't even know that my kitchen is yellow! And the little post-it notes are just too cute and I can use these for when I send packages to other Crochetville folks.

I'm glad your son likes the squares everyone's sending. Is he helping figure out what order they should go in? It's good for him to have something positive in his life right now. When you get it all done, post pictures. :hug, prayers and blessings to you both.

Ellie 13

Ellie 13, he's not helping me put the squares in order. I've asked him a couple times and he just looks at me like Mom, WHATEVER. :blush

He does like seeing it come together though, so I want to get it done ASAP.

I sent the squares today finally ;) I sent you 1 for each of my 3 teenagers :)

Chiscrochetcrazy/Alisha, :ty so much for the 3 BEAUTIFUL squares you sent for my son's comfortghan! He said "Oh yeah" when he saw the camo one :yes and the red and blue one is one of my favorites. :yes (I hope you don't mind telling me where you got the pattern.)

These will be a great addition to his comfortghan!

I'll include a square or two in my next prayer afghan package to you. I'm glad to hear your son is excited about the afghan. I have a 13 year old boy too - I'm praying for you and for your son.

Chiscrochetcrazy/Alisha, :ty so much for the 3 BEAUTIFUL squares you sent for my son's comfortghan! He said "Oh yeah" when he saw the camo one :yes and the red and blue one is one of my favorites. :yes (I hope you don't mind telling me where you got the pattern.)

These will be a great addition to his comfortghan!

This must be the one you like

http://members.tripod.com/Gwenevere/hazesq.html

It was the green & blue square ( you're right I think it was the red & blue one :lol) ;) Glad your son liked them the black & white yarn is rh zebra.

Archived