First Tote Bag

RelicRaider

I have a major bag addiction, but other than small purses/cases for various small items, I've never really stopped long enough to make one. So, I whipped this baby up. It's ugly as sin, but I love it. I gave it a total of 8 pockets - 3 per side and 1 on each end especially for knitting needles. I used double strand (one strand each of baby multi-color and a gemstone multi-color that I can't recall the exact name of). I did the pockets in single strand of each of the colors and alternated the colors for the pockets. It's big enough to hold four 7oz skeins at once. :) I'll have to get some better matched colors to make me a few more of these. No pattern was used. I just made it up as I went along. Just finished this up today. Those pockets took forever, it seemed.

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh302/RelicRaider/Crochet%20Stuff/?action=view&current=UglyToteSide1b.jpg This is just one shot of it, there are several more pics from different angles up there as well, or on my blog.

I understand your tote addiction completely. I really like the idea of your tote with all the pockets. I'll agree with you that the pockets need to match better, or perhaps be made of the same yarn.

Too cool!! I too have an OVERADICTION of bags, and hubby threatenes to cut me off if I buy, or make myself ONE more bag..................they just dont understand!!!

WOW I am not alone when it comes to purses/bags! I love it. I have found that using plastic canvas to line the inside the bags helps to make my bags stronger. I loved the pockets. I have made several pockets but never a bag just for my yarn. Thanks for the idea!

Archived