Stitch markers :)

TheLadyWind

not sure where to put this but I made these on a study break :) I think besides working with crochet hooks, pliers and wire cutters seem to be my new best friends :)

2288580101_74afc87bdd.jpg

They are perfect size for thinner yarns and thread projects. I use them for when I am storing WIPs as they prevent my work from unraveling.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3220/2288580101_74afc87bdd_b.jpg to see a larger size

I made them for fun. I was told that selling them would be a good idea...I am not quite sure how to go about doing so (cost and shipping etc).........

If you wish to purchase some beaded stitch markers...Please PM me and we can make arrangements :) The ones in the picture are all spoken for..but I will make another batch next week (and if you want specific colors, please let me know and I will make them for you) (Please also let me know what types of yarn or size threads you work with)

It isn't difficult :) if you want to make your own, here is a link for Knit stitchmarkers...the difference is with crochet markers you would need something with a hook or clasp (I prefer clasps because then they won't come off the project easily)...with Knit markers, you are sliding them on the needle so you don't need a clasp...just a loop that will slide over the needle.

http://www.sheepinthecity.prettyposies.com/archives/000201.html

Yours are beautiful too! I saw them the other day. I agree that your hoops are pretty big for small pieces but perfect for the really thick bulky yarns. Also, they can be used as knit stitch markers too...very functional! As for the smaller hook versions, wow, you shaped the wire nicely. Use them for a bit to make sure they don't fall off the piece easily. They are really beautiful.

The reason why I used the clasps I used is because I tend to work with threads and thin yarns...the big plastic stitch markers that are sold in stores slide off very easy.

these are beautiful. Sigh...........................I wish I knew how to do these things. I love them and you did them on break, wow, amazing:clap

They're easy to do, Pat, just find some beads/charms at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or even Walmart, and right there in that jewelry section you can find all the hooks and wires you need...... You could even pick up a little beading kit. They have the things you'll need.

This thread reminds me....my Secret Pal has stitch markers on her wish list.........

• 7 months later...

They are all beautiful!! I just got myself a new hobby. :blush All I need is the head pins.

BeasteezGurl, they can also be made with a clasp (?) like one you would put on a necklace, you can open it. (Third picture from left and one right under it... like that, but bigger....) Someone made me one like that. I'm going to see if I can pick up some today at Michaels.

Tina

Archived